[NFBF-L] Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)

president at nfbflorida.org president at nfbflorida.org
Sat Mar 2 14:27:53 UTC 2024

Good morning Florida Federationists,

We as the organized blind oppose the stance that the Florida legislators and
Board of Education has taken in removing all DEI (Diversity, equity, and
Inclusion) from public institutions of higher education.

The University of Florida has dismissed all DIE employees in compliance with
state law.  We as an Affiliate passed a resolution on our last state
convention denouncing such legislation.  We as a diverse group need to
understand that such law could affect what we do to promote our movement in
the state.

We support our  students on ensuring their educational environment is
Diverse, equitable, and Inclusive.  Such values enrich the life's of all of
us.

You can read the article from the Gainesville Sun
<https://www.gainesville.com/story/news/education/campus/2024/03/01/universi
ty-of-florida-fires-all-diversity-equity-inclusion-employees/72807436007/>
here and the University of Florida <https://www.ufl.edu/about/diversity/>
DEI values in the  links below:

Links:

https://www.gainesville.com/story/news/education/campus/2024/03/01/universit
y-of-florida-fires-all-

diversity-equity-inclusion-employees/72807436007/

https://www.ufl.edu/about/diversity/

Jorge Hernandez, President

Board of Directors

www.nfbflorida.org <http://www.nfbflorida.org>