[NFBF-Melbourne] FW: [Nfbf-l] FW: The You Cane Give Initiative

ctate2076 at att.net ctate2076 at att.net
Thu Apr 11 15:56:21 UTC 2019

From: Nfbf-l <nfbf-l-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of PLipovsky via Nfbf-l
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2019 10:56 AM
To: nfbf-l at nfbnet.org
Cc: PLipovsky <plipovsky at cfl.rr.com>
Subject: [Nfbf-l] FW: The You Cane Give Initiative

From: James Boehm <youcanegive at gmail.com <mailto:youcanegive at gmail.com> >
Sent: Tuesday, April 9, 2019 9:44 PM

 The You Cane Give Initiative Chapter Challenge!

Wondering what to do with that old folding cane you no longer use in the closet? Is that drawer of used canes collecting dust and taking up space? Please donate your old or used folding canes to the You Cane Give Initiative! We are collecting donated folding canes to refurbish and send to individuals who are blind and visually impaired around the world. Let’s face it, we have it good in America. With the click of a button, we can order almost anything we need, including a cane. In countries like Mexico, the Philippines, India, and South Africa, people do not have access to the proper tools to empower independence and success. Please do not let your canes go to waste! The You Cane Give Initiative allows you to provide your cane to a person far away who needs it!

James Boehm has spoken with many individuals around the world who have shared heartbreaking stories of family and friends who have been injured or have died because they attempted to cross streets without a mobility cane. During our recent trip to Kenya, we heard blind organizations refer to the shortage of canes as a “white cane famine!” You Cane Give not only empowers the lives of the blind, but it also saves lives. We need canes in all sizes. We are able to send folding canes overseas, but straight canes can be donated to individuals within the United States. We have contacts in Peru, Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, the Philippines, South Africa, and more who wish for a cane of their own. Your chapter meetings are a great opportunity to bring your unused canes with you. We are grateful for your generosity! Our state is known as the “volunteer state,” and I know with your help, we will have many canes to empower our blind brothers and sisters around the world!

Sincerely,

James and Wendy Boehm, founders of You Cane Give

 You Cane Give is a 501C3 nonprofit. Thus, small tax deductible donations are also greatly appreciated to help cover shipping, restoration, and traveling costs!

Want to make a donation or see where your canes are going around the world? Please check out our website: www.youcanegive.org <http://www.youcanegive.org>

Email: <mailto:youcanegive at gmail.com>  youcanegive at gmail.com

Also, here is our Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/You-Cane-Give-Initiative-1558518134229769/

Canes can be shipped to:

 You Cane Give

7303 Althorp Way

Nashville, TN 37211

Cell phone for James Boehm:

901-483-1515

Check out our YouTube video at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD3lX0EtQlA

James Alan Boehm
Peabody College of Vanderbilt University Human Developmental Clinical Mental Health Counseling: M. ED.

Contact Information
Phone: 901-483-1515
Email: James.A.Boehm at Vanderbilt.edu <mailto:James.A.Boehm at Vanderbilt.edu>
Personal Email: <mailto:jimmydagerman80 at gmail.com>  jimmydagerman80 at gmail.com

Learning Ally: JBoehm at LearningAlly.org <mailto:JBoehm at LearningAlly.org> Kustom Cane: kustomcane at gmail.com <mailto:kustomcane at gmail.com> You Cane Give Initiative: YuCaneGive at gmail.com <mailto:YuCaneGive at gmail.com>

Blindness is a mere characteristic not defining my abilities; the only disabilities in life are poor expectations and negative attitudes.