[NFBF-Melbourne] FW: [Nfbf-l] Ring! Ring! Ring!

ctate2076 at att.net ctate2076 at att.net
Tue Apr 16 16:47:58 UTC 2019

-----Original Message-----
From: Nfbf-l <nfbf-l-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Miranda Kilby via Nfbf-l
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 11:05 AM
To: nfbf-l at nfbnet.org
Cc: Miranda Kilby <mbkilby at gmail.com>; nfbf-leaders at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbf-l] Ring! Ring! Ring!

Greetings My Federation Family,

Ring! Ring! Ring! What is that I hear? The Tampa Bay Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Florida is proud and pleased to announce that we will be hosting a National Federation of the Blind BELL Academy this summer, June 17th through June 28th.

Additional details will be release as they arise. However, for convenience below you will find a quick outline describing what our NFB BELL Academy is, and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

The NFB BELL Academy—which stands for Braille Enrichment for Literacy and Learning—is a nationwide summer program offered by the National Federation of the Blind that prepares blind and low-vision children, ages four through twelve, to grow into confident and independent blind people who live the lives they want. The NFB BELL Academy provides children with Braille and nonvisual skills instruction through fun, hands-on learning activities.

Activities are provided in a day program or residential setting, depending on location. In addition to Braille crafts, games, and other engaging projects, children learn vital independent living skills, interact with blind adult mentors, and enjoy field trips to sites related to the NFB BELL Academy curriculum. Through these activities and interactions, the children learn that blindness or low vision does not define them or their future.

--
Miranda B. Kilby, Second Vice President National Federation of the Blind of Florida

President
Tampa Bay Chapter, National Federation of the Blind of Florida
Ph: (352)942-0417
The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind.
Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.