[NFBF-Melbourne] FW: [NFBF-L] Apps discussed on December 5 Senior Concerns meeting

ctate2076 at att.net ctate2076 at att.net
Sat Dec 14 03:01:40 UTC 2019

From: NFBF-L <nfbf-l-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Ryan Mann via NFBF-L
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2019 8:39 PM
To: nfbf-l at nfbnet.org
Cc: Ryan Mann <rmann0581 at gmail.com>
Subject: [NFBF-L] Apps discussed on December 5 Senior Concerns meeting

 Below are the apps that were discussed on the December 5 Senior Concerns meeting.
Books:
Comes with newer Apple iPhones
Books can be purchased from Apple’s book store.
Most books cost money.
The Books app can also be used to read PDF or Word documents.
All books are accessible with VoiceOver.
Amazon Kindle app:
Books must be purchased using Amazon’s web site.  After they are purchased, they can be read using the Amazon Kindle app.
A lot of the books cost money.
BARD Mobile:
Books are free to anybody registered with their local talking book library.
The books are read by a human.
Somebody on the call asked me how to get into their phone if they forgot their pass code.  I gave breif instructions, but if they need more detailed instructions they can email me.  I didn’t want to go too off track.
Email: rmann0581 at gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone