[NFBF-Melbourne] FW: Together, As One, We Grow

ctate2076 at att.net ctate2076 at att.net
Tue May 21 20:55:46 UTC 2019

From: ctate2076 at att.net <ctate2076 at att.net>
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 4:55 PM
To: 'NFB of Florida Internet Mailing List' <nfbf-l at nfbnet.org>
Cc: 'Email:' <ctate2076 at att.net>
Subject: Together, As One, We Grow

Greetings Federation Family:

We will be together in just a couple of days at our 2019 State Convention!
Time to renew old acquaintances, forge new friendships and strengthen our
ties of federationism and family.

This year, elections will be on Sunday, May 26, where several positions are
up for election. I am seeking re-election to retain my board seat. It is
together we can accomplish our mission of equality, opportunity and security
for the blind. Our strength lies in the bonds we grow together as we change
what it means to be blind; to raise the expectations of each other and the
world at large.

Working with the Board of Directors, with the guidance of President Denise
Valkema, I have participated in our Resolutions Committee, first as a
member, then as co-chair and finally chairing the committee in 2019. With
the support of the Board of Directors and members of our Affiliate, I have
co-chaired our Legislative Committee and attended Washington Seminar twice,
representing the National Federation of the Blind of Florida. I coordinate
our Book Club Discussion Group, write for our state newsletter and am
liaison for a chapter, division and several committees. I have learned from
all of you and will continue to grow, as learning is a lifelong endeavor.

It has been a learning experience, gift and pleasure to be part of our
Affiliate. Let us continue to build the National Federation of the Blind
together.

Together,

Camille Tate

Board of Directors, National Federation of the Blind, FL