[NFBF-Melbourne] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] Help continue our work on #GivingTuesdsay

ctate2076 at att.net ctate2076 at att.net
Wed Nov 27 01:18:21 UTC 2019

From: NFBNet-Members-List <nfbnet-members-list-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Chang, Patti via NFBNet-Members-List
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2019 8:21 AM
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] Help continue our work on #GivingTuesdsay

Dear Federationists:

Thanks to you, the National Federation of the Blind has had a tremendous impact on the lives of blind people of all ages—and maybe your family has benefitted from our advocacy and philosophy. Please help continue our work <https://www.nfb.org/donate>  by participating in #GivingTuesday, which is coming up December 3.

All gifts make a difference and your support makes the Federation stronger. I want to share a few recent examples of the impact that NFB programs and our network of mentors have had on the lives of blind people:

One of our scholarship recipients wrote:

“One of the things that I think about as I study education is the value and importance of mentorship and learning from others. I have tremendous mentors in the National Federation of the Blind, tremendous people who push the expectations higher every day. I want to give that knowledge to those that I can help most.”

A teen who attended NFB EQ for the first time said:

“I would like to thank you for the NFB EQ program. I learned so much about engineering, and how to make it accessible as well as so many other things about being a person with a visual impairment. After attending the NFB EQ program I became fascinated with how tactile tools allow the blind to access the competitive field of engineering and decided that what I learned should be shared with others.”

An NFB BELL® Academy parent and donor said:

“I could go on and on about what an impact BELL has had in our family’s lives, but I will leave it as, ‘the impact is huge.’ I wanted to let parents that are new to this journey know that this wonderful opportunity existed and help with funding to keep the program going with a low cost to the families. Every little bit helps, right?”

Help us continue to share the gifts of confidence, literacy, education, independence, and so much more. Contribute on #GivingTuesday by:

*	Donating online at nfb.org/donate <https://www.nfb.org/donate>
*	Sharing your family’s story on social media directing people to nfb.org/donate <https://www.nfb.org/donate> , and sharing our giving posts
*	Setting up a Facebook fundraiser <https://www.facebook.com/help/990087377765844>  for the NFB; Facebook is matching donations Tuesday, December 3

Please feel free to reach out to Patti Chang, our director of outreach, at 410-659-9314, extension 2422, or pchang at nfb.org <mailto:pchang at nfb.org> .

Thank you so much for continuing to help blind people live the lives we want.

Anna W. Adler

Outreach Coordinator

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

410-659-9314, extension 2282| AAdler at nfb.org <mailto:AAdler at nfb.org>

 <https://nfb.org/>

                          <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>      <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>      <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>