[NFBF-Melbourne] FW: [NFBF-Leaders] NFB National Career Fair | National Federation of the Blind

ctate2076 at att.net ctate2076 at att.net
Wed Jun 24 19:33:05 UTC 2020

From: NFBF-Leaders <nfbf-leaders-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of DENISE VALKEMA via NFBF-Leaders
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2020 10:43 AM
To: NFBF <nfbf-l at nfbnet.org>; NFBF <nfbf-leaders at nfbnet.org>
Cc: DENISE VALKEMA <valkemadenise at aol.com>
Subject: [NFBF-Leaders] NFB National Career Fair | National Federation of the Blind

Are you seeking employment? Here is an opportunity for you.

Text pasted below this link:

https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/nfb-national-career-fair

NFB National Career Fair

The NFB National Career Fair will be held virtually on Tuesday, July 14 from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. EDT.

Registration

In order to participate in the career fair, employers and job seekers are required to register ahead of time. Registration will end at 10:00 p.m. EDT on Sunday, July 5, 2020. Registrations will not occur after then. There will be no walk-ins or last-minute registrations this year for technical reasons.

*	Employer Registration:  <https://www.nfb.org/form/career-fair-employer-registration> nfb.org/form/career-fair-employer-registration
*	Job-Seeker Registration:  <https://www.nfb.org/form/career-fair-jobseeker-registration> nfb.org/form/career-fair-jobseeker-registration

Employer Information

This year’s career fair will be on Zoom. Our plan is to give each employer a Zoom room. At every hour and half-hour, employers will be expected to provide an overview of their organization and employment opportunities, leaving time for questions from job seekers before the next overview begins.

In addition to having at least one recruiter to provide the overview and talk to job seekers, it will be necessary for each employer to provide an individual to manage the Zoom room, mute participants, and allow individuals to ask questions. Job seekers who have attended one half-hour session should be asked to leave the Zoom room to allow space for new people.

Job seekers who want to have more in-depth discussions or interviews with employers should schedule them outside the career fair by calling or emailing employers using the contact information provided a week before the career fair.

Employer and Job-Seeker Information

We will have a Zoom room for the Employment Committee in case employers or job seekers have questions at the time. More information on that will be provided to all employer and job-seeker registrants.

On Monday, July 6, we will send each job seeker contact information for the employers registered for the career fair so they can send resumes and cover letters to employers who interest them. We will also send each employer the resumes of all registered job seekers. In that way, both parties will be able to contact each other and arrange to meet before, during, or after the career fair.

Each registered employer and job seeker will receive technical information on how to use our Zoom system. Everyone who wants to participate will need to download free Zoom software onto their computer or phone in order to access the system we are using for the career fair and the convention.

Questions?

If you have questions, please email Dick Davis at  <mailto:ddavis at blindinc.org> ddavis at blindinc.org or John Dubay at  <mailto:jdubay at strategiccontactsolutions.com> jdubay at strategiccontactsolutions.com.

If you are in doubt about what to do, please register, as that will get you on our mailing list. You can withdraw before the career fair if you decide not to participate. There is no charge for employers or job seekers to attend.

*Note: Registering as a sponsor or as an individual for the convention will not register you for the career fair; you must register using one of the above links.

(Updated June 16, 2020

Denise Valkema, President  National Federation of the Blind of Florida

(305)972-8529

president at nfbflorida.org <mailto:president at nfbflorida.org>

www.nfbflorida.org <http://www.nfbflorida.org>

Follow us @nfbflorida