[NFBF-Melbourne] FW: [NFBF-Leaders] [NFBF-L] Braille Monitor article

ctate2076 at att.net ctate2076 at att.net
Sun Mar 15 20:24:22 UTC 2020

-----Original Message-----
From: NFBF-Leaders <nfbf-leaders-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Jorge Hernandez via NFBF-Leaders
Sent: Sunday, March 15, 2020 3:23 PM
To: 'NFB of Florida Internet Mailing List' <nfbf-l at nfbnet.org>; 'NFBF' <nfbf-leaders at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Jorge Hernandez <jeh1065 at comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [NFBF-Leaders] [NFBF-L] Braille Monitor article

The blind movement has withstood years of criticism, years of stereotyping, and years of longevity.

We the blind only want to be seen as equal not as second class citizens.  Although we can be those elite blind individuals or mediocre blind individuals or individuals who have no blindness skills what so ever.  But who are we to say they are less different from all of us.  We build on the fortitude of those members who have had the opportunity to mentor those less skilled so they can also become those elite blind people we are.

We as leaders of the National Federation of the Blind have the duty to educate society and breakdown the barriers that create obstacles  that permit us to ”live the life’s we want”.

Let’s go build the National Federation of the Blind.

Jorge Hernandez, President
Miami-Dade Chapter
National Federation of the Blind of Florida Board of Directors