[NFBF-Melbourne] FW: [NFBF-Leaders] Alexa silent for Newsline & Braille Monitor in Braille

ctate2076 at att.net ctate2076 at att.net
Thu Mar 26 13:39:42 UTC 2020

From: NFBF-Leaders <nfbf-leaders-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Denise Valkema via NFBF-Leaders
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2020 9:17 AM
To: NFBF <nfbf-l at nfbnet.org>; NFBF <nfbf-leaders at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Denise Valkema <valkemadenise at aol.com>
Subject: [NFBF-Leaders] Alexa silent for Newsline & Braille Monitor in Braille

You will be receiving a letter that the Braille Monitor in Braille is temporarily not available.

See below about Alexa and Newsline

Together,

Denise Valkema, President

President at nfbflorida.org <mailto:President at nfbflorida.org>

(305)972-8529

WWW.NFBFLORIDA.ORG <http://WWW.NFBFLORIDA.ORG>

Follow us @nfbflorida

Live the life you want.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: March 26, 2020 at 8:16:38 AM EDT
To: Denise Valkema <valkemadenise at aol.com <mailto:valkemadenise at aol.com> >
Subject: Has your Alexa for NFB-NEWSLINE gone silent?

Have you heard that you can read your favorite publication using Amazon Echo?

"Alexa, open National Federation."

For subscribers who are using either the male voice, Paul or the female voice, Kate, we are having trouble sending the audio of these voices to the Amazon Echo devices. So, as a temporary measure to ensure that the Alexa skill functions properly for all subscribers, we have changed the reading voice to Eloquence for all users. We will alert all subscribers once the other voices are available again. We apologize for the inconvenience. All other commands should work properly and be available for you to use. If you would like a list of Alexa commands to be sent to you via email, please call 866-504-7300.

Another modification that we have made deals with the addition of the Breaking News: Search Results for Corona COVID-19 Virus to everyone's favorite list. You can access this by issuing the command "Alexa, ask National Federation to read favorite 1".

We hope you enjoy this new convenience feature.

National Federation of the Blind | nfb.org | 866-504-7300 | nfbnewsline at nfb.org <mailto:nfbnewsline at nfb.org>