[NFBF-Melbourne] FW: Connect to NFB-NEWSLINE to be informed on COVID-19

ctate2076 at att.net ctate2076 at att.net
Tue Mar 31 18:30:03 UTC 2020

For your information.

From: Scott White <swhite at nfb.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2020 1:55 PM
To: Camille Tate <ctate2076 at att.net>
Subject: Connect to NFB-NEWSLINE to be informed on COVID-19

In an effort to bring the latest news on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) virus to
our subscribers, we are pleased to offer a new information source in our
"Breaking News: Online" category. This source of information is being
provided by Johns Hopkins University and is titled "COVID-19 Pandemic Data."
Johns Hopkins University is considered one of the leading worldwide
resources concerning statistics on this pandemic, and we are pleased that we
can offer it in an accessible audio and Braille format to our subscribers.

There are various sections in the COVID-19 data that you may access, and
they are broken down by the "Total State Cases," as well as "World Country
Data Cases." To further provide specific state or international detail, you
can select "States" or "World Regions" in an alphabetical range. This data
is continuously updated throughout the day with the most recent statistics.

Just like with the Breaking News search results which we added to everyone's
Alexa's favorite number 1, we have added this to everyone's favorite number
2 for ease of access.

You can access this new information source by issuing the command: "Alexa,
ask National Federation to read favorite 2. Recall that we do have an
electronic file containing other commands that you can use with the
NFB-NEWSLINE skill for Alexa. If you would like a copy, please contact us.

Access the COVID-19 information using the telephone by pressing 5 from the
main menu, then press 1 for the "Breaking News: Online" category, followed
by pressing the 1 key, which will bring you to the virus search results, or
press 2 for the Johns Hopkins data. If you are using the NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile
iOS app, look for the virus information under the "All Publications"
section. Web News on Demand users can find the COVID-19 information by
selecting "Publications Organized by State," and then "Breaking News
Online".

We hope that you find the COVID-19 information on NFB-NEWSLINE to be
beneficial for keeping you and your family safe during this health crisis.

If you have ideas on other Coronavirus related material that you would like
to see on NFB-NEWSLINE, please write Scott White at swhite at nfb.org
<mailto:swhite at nfb.org>  or call 866-504-7300.

National Federation of the Blind | nfb.org | 866-504-7300 |
nfbnewsline at nfb.org <mailto:nfbnewsline at nfb.org>