[NFBF-Melbourne] Weekend Devotion: (Sun., May 10, 2020) To All Outstanding Mothers and Women

Joyce Taylor dr.joycetaylor56 at gmail.com
Sun May 10 04:19:49 UTC 2020

Hello Everyone!  Praise the Lord!  Happy Mother’s Day!    We thank God for
all Mothers and those who assisted or participated in RAISING CHILDREN.  God
INSTRUCTS us in His Word how to raise children, and if we are  obedient by
doing it God’s way,   then we must trust God to fulfill His promise.  He
tells us in Proverbs 22:6   to “Train up a child in the way he should go:
and when he is old, he will not depart from it”.  He also gives us an
example in 2 Tim. 1:5 which speaks about Lois and Eunice raising and
teaching Timothy the things of God.     Lois was the Grandmother and Eunice
was Timothy’s mother.  These women passed down the Godly heritage to Paul’s
prodigy who was Timothy.  They were an encouragement to all women who want
to raise    their children to love God.  2 Tim. 1:5 states “When I call to
remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy
grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee
also.

6  ¶Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God,
which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.

7  For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love,
and of a sound mind.

8  Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his
prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to
the power of God;

9  Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to
our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in
Christ Jesus before the world began,

10  But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ,
who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light
through the gospel:

11  Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of
the Gentiles.

It seems as though the Apostle Paul was very much involved in Timothy’s
training and wanted to make sure that the gift that Lois and Eunice taught
their son did not lay dormant but be stirred up.  Timothy ended up being
Paul’s most trusted companion and disciple.    These women were responsible
for passing on their faith to the next generation.  They were obedient unto
God and trusted that Timothy would become a devout Christian.  Since there
was no mention of a father, it is believed that these two women were
responsible for raising and training Timothy to love God’s Word. Thank God
for these outstanding mothers and women of great faith.

God bless,

Dr. Joyce Taylor, VP, MSCC

Communities of Faith Committee Member