[NFBF-Melbourne] Weekend Devotion: (Sat., May 30, 2020) Being Persistent

Joyce Taylor dr.joycetaylor56 at gmail.com
Sat May 30 04:21:21 UTC 2020

Hello Everyone:  Praise the Lord!  Do you know that all things are possible
if you only believe!  Luke 11:9 States "  and I say unto you, ask and it
shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened
unto you.  Lord, teach us how to be persistent in our formal requests which
we truly believe.  Just    because we didn't receive an immediate answer
does not mean that our request has been denied.  It just might be that it is
delayed and the Lord is waiting for the right time to answer.  It may not be
in our time, but God's time.  Our job is to keep knocking.  One might say,
why do I have to continually ask for something?  Because God says to ask!
He wants to hear from you, and we must be responsible and do our part and
not just seek God's hand; He is not Santa Claus.  be willing to put the time
in and increase our prayer lives.  It is not that God didn't hear you;  He
heard the first prayer, but that doesn't mean the answer is immediately on
the way.  Remember when Daniel prayed in Dan. Chapter 10 and the Lord heard
his prayer the first time; however, it took 21 days to be answered because
the Prince of Persia created a stumbling block and it took Michael the
warrior angel to get the prayer released.  So we never truly know what is
taking place in the heavenly realm; so be persistent and trust God to grant
what is best for you.

Remember the woman in Luke 18 who was persistent in praying to the unjust
judge until she wore him down and was granted her request.  Don't be afraid
to "PUSH", Pray Until Something Happens!  Not that you will ever wear god
down, but persistence is a test for us, not for God.

So don't give up, we have multiple needs:  daily, personal and spiritual
needs.  And remember to pray "if it be God's soverign will; not our own.

God bless,

Dr. Joyce Taylor, VP, MSCC

Communities of Faith Committee Member