[NFBF-Melbourne] FW: [NFBF-Leaders] NFBF 50th Anniversary Oral History Project: Please share your NFBF memories!

ctate2076 at att.net ctate2076 at att.net
Wed Sep 2 01:06:49 UTC 2020

From: NFBF-Leaders <nfbf-leaders-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of
danjhicks--- via NFBF-Leaders
Sent: Tuesday, September 1, 2020 7:42 PM
To: 'NFB of Florida Internet Mailing List' <nfbf-l at nfbnet.org>; 'NFB of
Florida List for Leaders' <nfbf-leaders at nfbnet.org>
Cc: danjhicks at gmail.com
Subject: [NFBF-Leaders] NFBF 50th Anniversary Oral History Project: Please
share your NFBF memories!

Hello fellow Florida Federation members,

I wish to invite you all to call in to the National Federation of the Blind
of Florida's NFBF 50th Anniversary History Memory Hotline, 813-254-8249.

The reason for this hotline is to gather your personal stories, memories,
impressions, and accounts of the accomplishments and happenings of the
National Federation of the Blind of Florida, so that we can include them in
our Oral History Project, to be heard at our 50th anniversary convention,
which will take place October 2, 3, and 4.

If you have been a member of the NFBF for any length of time at all, you
know that the organization has a long and eventful history, and that the
organization values and celebrates that history. We want to preserve our
history for the years and decades to come. But, to do that, this history
must first be captured and recorded and displayed for all to hear. This is a
project to which we can all contribute. And, I think it will be a lot of fun
or everyone involved.

The National Federation of the Blind of Florida was founded in 1970. That
means, when we all attend the 2020 NFBF State Convention, the affiliate will
be 50 years old. Think of it - fifty years of the National Federation of the
Blind of Florida. A lot of people have been involved with our organization
through all of those years. Some of them have passed on. But many of us are
still here and we all have stories to tell and memories to share, and the
Memory Hotline is the place to do it.

To make this even more fun and exciting, there will be a drawing from among
the names of everyone who participates and five winners will each receive
one of five $10.00 Amazon gift cards. The drawing will take place at the
upcoming NFBF State Convention. You do not need to be present to win, but
please make sure to leave your name a contact information, so we can
recognize you and get you your gift card, if you are a winner. Each name
will only be entered once, but please feel free to call in as often as you
like, as often as you come up with new memories and stories to share. By
leaving a message on this line, you are giving your permission for us to use
it in the NFBF 50th Anniversary Oral History. Of course, all recordings will
be edited for brevity and clarity

Again, that number is 813-254-8249, and it is available 24 hours a day.
Please call as soon as you can, and as often as you wish. It would be very
helpful if I could have these stories and memories gathered by September 6,
2020.

If you have any questions, or prefer and one-on-one interview to tell your
story, please write to me at history at nfbflorida.org
<mailto:history at nfbflorida.org>  or you can text or call me at 813-943-5544.

Please share this email. I look forward to hearing and sharing your memories
and ideas.

Dan Hicks, Chairperson

NFBF 50th Anniversary Oral History Project