[NFBF-Melbourne] FW: [NFBF-L] Sunrise and Shine tomorrow Thursday, August 26th. We've found a wonderful guest speaker - don't miss the fun!

Camille Tate ctate2076 at att.net
Wed Aug 25 14:23:40 UTC 2021

From: NFBF-L <nfbf-l-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Russell Davis via
NFBF-L
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2021 9:47 AM
To: nfbf-l at nfbnet.org; nfbf-leaders at nfbnet.org
Cc: Russell Davis <russell at radiorusty.com>
Subject: [NFBF-L] Sunrise and Shine tomorrow Thursday, August 26th. We've
found a wonderful guest speaker - don't miss the fun!

Hello, Hello and Hello again!

It's good to know that Sunrise and Shine has settled comfortably into its
9:00 AM time slot on the second and forth Thursdays of each month, I'm
hoping that folks have marked their calendars far in advance so they don't
miss a chance to attend one of our popular and enlightening Zoom calls. As
you might imagine from the subject line shown above or from a brief
consultation with your calendar, our next Sunrise meet up will be tomorrow,
August 26th at 9:00 AM. Okay, now let's look at some other calendar dates
moving forward. After tomorrow, we would meet again on September 9th and
September 23rd. I'll be out of town on September 9th and might be looking
for a co-host for that meeting, (we can talk about this tomorrow). The
scheduled September 23rd meeting will be our last before the annual NFB of
Florida State Convention in Tampa. Hopefully by then anyone who is willing
and able to contribute to the Convention door prize fund will have their
donation turned in. Again, donations can be sent via Pay Pal using my email
address of, Russell at radiorusty.com <mailto:Russell at radiorusty.com> .

I'm so excited that Sunrise and Shine is also serving as a featured social
event host at the NFBF Convention. We'll be hosting Trivia Night on Friday,
October 1st at 9:00 PM. It's going to be wonderful seeing so many of you in
person, although seeing you twelve hours after our normal meet up time will
feel just a bit odd. There's no reason why we can't celebrate Moonrise and
Shine!

Now, let's get back to tomorrow's meeting and our incredible guest speaker.
Deborah Kendrick will join us to discuss her work with the National Library
Service and tell us about her career as an author. Many have come to know
Deborah through her frequent articles in the magazine Access World. As you
may know, this publication is one of the many magazines available to you for
free through NFB Newsline. In fact, Deborah has an excellent article on the
history of braille note takers,  waiting for you in the July issue. I am so
glad I read it. She is also the author of several books and so we'll ask her
about them too.

If you haven't been to one of our calls before, joining us at 9:00 AM for
coffee or tea will give you a chance to find out what you've been missing.
We always take time for welcoming new guest speakers and participants and
for lots of warmth and laughter.

Most of us have become pretty familiar with attending meetings using the
Zoom platform over the past year and in fact, we've been using Zoom since we
launched Rise and Shine last year. If you're not used to using Zoom or if
it's still giving you difficulties, don't give up just yet. You can access
the meeting by clicking on he below listed web link, by using the one tap
mobile feature or by dialing the phone number provided and entering the
access code when prompted.

The regulars on our call are always warm and welcoming and are thrilled to
see new faces.

Hope to have you with us Thursday morning, see below for the Zoom info. The
first person caught snoozing on the call has to pop the corn in October, (so
stay alert Bill).

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me before the
call at our NFB Newsline of Florida toll-free support line. Check the bottom
of this email for the Zoom call-in instructions.

Russ Davis, Coordinator
   NFB Newsline of Florida
ph. 904-993-8433

Email: Russell at radiorusty.com <mailto:Russell at radiorusty.com>

NFB Florida Newsline is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Sunrise and Shine with NFB Newsline

Date/Time: Thursday, August 26th, 2021 9:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/96184895393

Meeting ID: 961 8489 5393

One tap mobile

+16468769923,,96184895393# US (New York)

Direct dial access phone number
+1 646 876 9923
Meeting ID: 961 8489 5393