[NFBF-Melbourne] FW: [NABS-L] Ready, set, kick off Washington Seminar with NABS, tomorrow!

ctate2076 at att.net ctate2076 at att.net
Mon Feb 8 02:53:35 UTC 2021

From: NABS-L <nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Mausam Mehta via
NABS-L
Sent: Sunday, February 7, 2021 9:49 PM
To: nabs-l at nfbnet.org
Cc: Mausam Mehta <mausam.mehta.nfb at gmail.com>
Subject: [NABS-L] Ready, set, kick off Washington Seminar with NABS,
tomorrow!

Hey students,

It's finally here, our annual Washington Seminar! Although we are virtual
this year, we are just as ready to bring the energy and excitement to our
week of networking and advocacy.

To that end, we hope you will join us at our NABS events tomorrow, to give
you the boost you need to start the week off right.

Below, find information about each event, including its Zoom room info. We
also hope to see you at other significant parts of seminar programming,
including a highly informative legislative seminar, and the thrilling Great
Gathering In

NABS Winter Seminar

Students, teachers, young professionals, and curious minds: Join the
National Association of Blind Students (NABS) for our annual Winter Seminar.
You will have the opportunity to interact with blind students from across
the country; learn from successful blind professionals; benefit from
informative presentations on topics including scholarships and internships;
and prepare for your upcoming Congressional meetings. There is no
registration for this event. Simply come with an open mind, and we'll handle
the rest!

Join Zoom Meeting:
 <https://zoom.us/j/95388403540> https://zoom.us/j/95388403540 Meeting ID:
953 8840 3540 One tap mobile
+16468769923,,95388403540# US (New York) +13017158592,,95388403540# US

Legislative Seminar

Whether you are a Washington Seminar veteran or an enthusiastic rookie, we
urge you to attend this interactive seminar. The government affairs team
will provide essential information about our legislative priorities for
2021. You will also have an opportunity to ask questions and put your
knowledge into practice.

The fact sheets can be found at  <https://www.nfb.org/washington-seminar>
https://www.nfb.org/washington-seminar. We encourage you to review these
documents carefully beforehand and come prepared with questions so we are
all well-equipped with the information we need to make our case to members
of Congress and their staff.

Join Zoom Meeting:
 <https://zoom.us/j/97142192062> https://zoom.us/j/97142192062
One tap mobile: +13017158592,,97142192062#
+13126266799,,97142192062#

The Great Gathering In

Please join us for the official kickoff meeting of the Washington Seminar,
hosted by the President of the National Federation of the Blind, Mark
Riccobono. All are welcome.

Join Zoom Meeting:
 <https://zoom.us/j/97142192062> https://zoom.us/j/97142192062
One tap mobile: +13017158592,,97142192062#
+13126266799,,97142192062#

NABS Unmuted

We welcome all Washington Seminar attendees to Zoom on over to the social
event of the evening after the Great Gathering-In and support your national
student division! Get ready to unmute and socialize with fellow
Federationists over a lively night of games. You also won't want to miss out
on any of the competitive fun or insider info on the annual NABS auction,
taking place online for the first time ever in 2021! See the amazing items
and all that they entail by visiting:
https://www.32auctions.com/2021blindstudents

Place your bids any time before February 10 at 11:59 PM EST. and remember to
check back so that your special item doesn't get away from you! You don't
have to be a student to be a part of the fun; NABS Unmuted and our
accompanying silent auction is open to all!

Join Zoom Meeting:
 <https://zoom.us/j/95388403540> https://zoom.us/j/95388403540
Meeting ID: 953 8840 3540
One tap mobile
+16468769923,,95388403540# US (New York) +13017158592,,95388403540# US

See you tomorrow, rock stars!

Best,

Mausam

Mausam Mehta

Secretary | National Association of Blind Students

A proud division of the National Federation of the Blind

Mausam.mehta.nfb at gmail.com <mailto:Mausam.mehta.nfb at gmail.com>

540-466-6033

www.nabslink.org <http://www.nabslink.org>