[NFBF-Melbourne] WEEKEND DEVOTION: (Sun., Aug. 7, 2020) The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste

Joyce Taylor dr.joycetaylor56 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 04:44:54 UTC 2022

Hello everyone:  Praise the Lord!  WORDS OF WISDOM from Pastor Donnie:
"Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds; you can grow flowers,
or you can grow weeds".  Yes, you have a choice in the matter.  Remember to
think about what you are thinking about.  Don't just sit around and dwell on
negative things or entertain things that are not of God.  Think on these
things:  Philippians 4:8  "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true,
whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things
are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good
report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these
things" .  If your thoughts ARE NOT IN ALIGNMENT WITH THE Word of God , i.e.
if you think about killing, stealing , Malice. Strife, envy, jealousy,
suicide, etc. you know that these things  are not of God, so dismiss them
immediately and replace with GOD'S Word.  Don't ever stop thinking what is
truly worthwhile and worthy of Praise. If we practice the things of god, He
will keep our minds in perfect peace.  Just do whatever God tells us to do
without hesitation, and we will reap the benefits.

God bless,

Dr. Joyce Taylor, VP, MSCC

Communities of Faith Leadership Team