[NFBF-Melbourne] Our August Chapter Meeting

Camille Tate ctate2076 at att.net
Sat Jul 23 13:42:21 UTC 2022

Greetings MSCC Members:

I am excited to begin preparing for our August chapter meeting! We are going
hybrid! Our next meeting will be Saturday, August 13 and we will have a
combination in-person and on Zoom! Our next meeting will be packed with
information because our Federation is moving the dial forward! In
preparation, any member who is interested in attending in-person, please
contact Maria Rigogliosi by July 30, so she can send the list of bus
passengers to SCAT for pick-up. Maria can be reached at 321 795-7376.

It's been a long time since we met in person and some may not remember our
transportation protocols. Yes, there are even rules for paratransit! You
will be contacted with your pick-up times. Please be ready and waiting five
minutes before your scheduled early pick-up time. If you are not going to be
able to take the bus, please call Maria to cancel your pick-up. Do not wait
until the morning of the trip to cancel; there are others who will be on the
bus and having the bus go to your home and then wait for you to not show up
adds additional waiting time for those who are coming to the meeting. Bus
travel makes for long days, so let's not add to travel time. Please note
that SCAT will not call you if they are running late or if they are coming
early.

Bus fare is $1.50 each way, so a round trip is $3.00. Drivers are unable to
make change and while we may have the same driver for the roundtrip, that is
not always a guarantee. Please have exact change! You may also purchase bus
passes by calling SCAT, 321 635 7815. Additionally, there is now an
electronic bus pass. It uses an app called Token Transit and requires use of
a smart phone. Bus passes are $15.00 each. If you would like to use the bus
pass app, please contact Camille Tate, 321 372 4899 so we can send your
information to Carmen Baez at SCAT.

There will be a reminder email, complete with the address of where we are
holding our next meeting, at the beginning of August. If you have received a
phone call from Maria or Nancy, who are informing all chapter members of the
upcoming meeting, please do them the courtesy of responding to their
message.

See you all in person in August!

2nd Vice President, National Federation of the Blind of Florida

President, Melbourne Space Coast Chapter, National Federation of the Blind
of Florida