[NFBF-Melbourne] NFBF, MSCC JANUARY 14, 2023 CHAPTER MINUTES AND ATTACHED November and December Financial Reports

Dr. Joyce Taylor dr.joycetaylor56 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 12:25:43 UTC 2023

NFBF, MSCC

JANUARY MINUTES

SATURDAY, JANUARY 14, 2023

The NFB Chapter meeting             commenced at 10:25 a.m.

CALL TO ORDER:

Roll Call:  Camille Tate, President, Joyce Taylor, VP, Board Members:  Maria Rigogliosi, Javier Molinares, Morgan Hazlett.

Introduction of our new member, Angie Menjivar.  After her introduction, we voted that Angie is now an official member of the Melbourne Space Coast Chapter, formerly a member of the Tampa Chapter.  Resides in Indian Harbor Beach for approx. 6 months.  She was accompanied by her Mother, Carmen.  Camille will forward her info. To be added too the membership roster.

Chapter Meeting Agenda

Pledge of Allegiance  by Ralph Munno

NFB One Minute Message  by Camille Tate

Secretary’s Report:  November Minutes were tabled to be read at next meeting.  December – no Minutes.  Chapter had Christmas luncheon at Hemingway’s in Melbourne, FL. Effective Jaanuzary 2023, Dr. Joyce Taylor will be Interim Secretary.

Treasurer’s Report:  Attached

Financial Report (Nancy Hollo)

On January 14 at the chapter meeting we collected $20 cash from Javier, $10 for 2023 dues and $10 donation.

We collected $10 cash from Maria for her 2023 dues.

I gave $10 cash donation.

We collected $20 on square for Denise and Brenda William's 2023 dues.

We collected $10 on square for Joyce's 2023 dues.

I'm sorry I forgot to add the square fees which totaled $1.08 today. Please take that out of my donation to cover it.

President’s Report:

Washington Seminar:  Will take place from Jan. 28th thru Feb. 3, 2023.  It will be held in Washington, DC.  Camille will represent the MSCC.

Finding a Treasurer :  As oof Dec. 31, 2022, Nancy Hollo resigned as Treasurer of the MSCC.  Camille TATE IS ACTING AS interim Tdreasurer.

  We are seeking a permanent Treasurer.  We will miss Nancy.

Co-hosting the 2023 State Convention:  The  Tampa Chapter will Host the Convention, along with Statewide co-Hosting.  A discussion was held too determine whether the MSCC would co-Host along with Statewide.  Nancy Hollo made the motion and Angie, our new member seconded.  Comments were taken and discussion went on for fifteen minutes, then the chapter voted yes and the motion carried.  Camille is going to request that we do the hospitality suite.

Fashion Show and Gala :  coordinators:  Javier and Joyce.    Impending Gaala and Fashion Show scheduled for May 25, 2024 at the Crown Plaza on A1A in Melbourne, FL.  In-person meeting helrd on Friday, January 13, 2023 with Erin Tabor, Sales Manager at the Crown and Camille, Joyce and Javier.  To be discussed further with Chapter.  Requesting that all members participate to assure a successful event.

National Convention : Discussion was held regarding the Convention which will take place in July of 2023 in Houston, TX.  Members are being encouraged to attend.

Amazon Smile:  In order to raise funds ifor the NFBF, we are asking that our members sign up for a program called “Amazon smile“.

Amazon smile is Amazon’s way of giving back to the community by asking Amazon shoppers to select their organization of choice for Amazon funds to be  donated to. When you sign up for Amazon smile, a percentage of every purchase you make is donated to the National Federation  of The Blind of  Florida. It does not cost you the customer anymore to purchase items than it normally would but a little bit from each of your purchases will be sent to our affiliate.

If you would be willing to participate in this program, go to “smile.amazon.com“ and click on the “my account” link and sign into your Amazon account with your username and password.

After you have signed in, look for the link that says “ choose a charity”,and enter  “National  Federation Of The  Blind of Florida. You will be taken to a list of National  Federation Of The Blind” links, and you will choose the one that says, “National  Federation Of The  Blind Of Florida Tallahassee”. That is all there is to signing up. You can log out of the Amazon smile, page and shop on Amazon as you always do. It’s that simple.

You cannot go to the Amazon smile page through the app you must do it from a web browser.

Resource Time:  Unfortunately, there was not enough time for Caamille to go over Resources.  Will attempt again at next meeting.

Financial Report (Nancy Hollo)

Today at the chapter meeting we collected $20 cash from Javier, $10 for 2023 dues and $10 donation.

We collected $10 cash from Maria for her 2023 dues.

I gave $10 cash donation.

We collected $20 on square for Denise and Brenda William's 2023 dues.

We collected $10 on square for Joyce's 2023 dues.

I'm sorry I forgot to add the square fees which totaled $1.08 today. Please take that out of my donation to cover it.

Dr. Taylor made a motion to adjourn and Maria seconded.  Meeting adjourned at 12:25 pm.

The next meeting will be held on Sat., Feb. 11, 2023.  It will be Hybrid and In Person  at 10:00 AM

Please plan to be at the next chapter meeting as we look forward to seeing you and hearing what you have to say. If you have any questions, concerns, or specific interests, please contact Camille Tate at (321)372-4899 so these matters can be discussed at the next chapter meeting. Thank you.

Submitted by Dr. Joyce Taylor, VP, NFBF, MSCC