[NFBF-Melbourne] 2023 State Convention

Camille Tate ctate2076 at att.net
Wed Mar 1 17:23:22 UTC 2023

Hi All:

We held our first closed convention planning meeting on Wednesday, February
22 and have handed out most of the jobs for each co-hosting chapter.
Melbourne has been given the task of the hospitality suite and will work
with the other hosting chapters. Our job will be to schedule members and any
volunteers to staff the hospitality suite during the hours it is open. We
will also work with the hosting chapters on obtaining food. We will not be
responsible for bringing food to the hotel, but will work to get donations
on behalf of the convention. This will involve possibly writing emails,
filling out donation forms online or making phone calls. I also think it
will be good for us to work with the Ambassadors Chair to help during the
convention, i.e., being a talking sign for meetings you are attending,
helping people orient themselves to find restrooms or elevators. Ambassadors
are not required to take people to their hotel rooms, but if you feel like
doing that, it will be up to you. There will be both a written and audio
description of the hotel (some of us were there in 2021 and very little has
changed) and there will be a walk-through prior to the start of the
convention.

I will be creating a meeting ID for the chapter to have its own convention
planning space up until the start of convention. This will be a topic for
discussion at our next chapter meeting on March 11.

2nd Vice President, National Federation of the Blind of Florida

President, Melbourne Space Coast Chapter, National Federation of the Blind
of Florida