[NFBF-Melbourne] In Remembrance with Deep Sadness

Camille Tate ctate2076 at att.net
Mon Sep 4 00:04:43 UTC 2023

Dear MSCC Members:

It is with deep sadness, sorrow and heartbreak that I announce to all of you
the passing of Joe Naulty. Joe was the founding President of the Melbourne
Space Coast Chapter and a member of the National Federation of the Blind.
For many years, he was dedicated to advancing the lives of deaf blind people
and was a founding member of the National Deaf Blind Division and CARS
Division. Joe was the person who brought me into the Federation and gave me
the encouragement that has kept me moving forward. I remember one of the
things he was always finding ways to make you smile and pushing you to do
your best. I will miss him!

Joe passed away Sunday, September 2, at 5:25 a.m. peacefully. Joe had been
in declining health over the last several years and still tried to maintain
himself with grace and cheer. He is survived by his wife of many decades,
Arlene Naulty and their sons, Joe Junior, Bill and Robert. Let us all keep
the family in our thoughts and prayers.

We will announce funeral arrangements once they have been shared by the
family.

2nd Vice President, National Federation of the Blind of Florida

President, Melbourne Space Coast Chapter, National Federation of the Blind
of Florida