[NFBF-Miami-Dade] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] The Passing of Scott Labarre

Jorge Hernandez jeh1065 at comcast.net
Sun Dec 11 18:08:25 UTC 2022

Good afternoon Miami-Dade members,

Please read below:

Jorge Hernandez, President

Miami-Dade Chapter

From: NFBNet-Members-List <nfbnet-members-list-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf
Of President, National Federation of the Blind via NFBNet-Members-List
Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2022 1:12 AM
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] The Passing of Scott Labarre

Dear Federation Family,

It has been a difficult year of loss for the circle of friendship we share
in our movement. I regret to share that that loss is being felt
exponentially this evening as we have learned that Scott Labarre has passed
away surrounded by his family. The outpouring of love from the Federation
family was deeply felt by Scott but his challenging medical condition could
not be overcome. More details about services for this extraordinary
individual and information about how we can support his wife Anahit and
children Alex and Carter will be coming soon.

If you are like me, you are feeling a devastating sense of loss combined
with an overwhelming gratitude for what this man did for the blind of this
century. From arguing in the courts on behalf of blind people who were
discriminated against, to securing an international agreement permitting the
sharing of accessible books, to the close personal mentorship he freely gave
to hundreds of individuals, his impact will continue to ripple across the
world.

Please continue to send your prayers and positive thoughts to the Labarre
family.

With love,

Mark A. Riccobono, President

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

(410) 659-9314 | Officeofthepresident at nfb.org

Twitter: @Riccobono

Pronouns: he, him, his

 <https://nfb.org/>