[NFBF-Tampa] We are stronger together

Tampa Bay President nfbf.tampa at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 21:20:04 UTC 2017

Good Afternoon members and Friends,

During the H.A.R.T. board meeting on Monday, Commissioner Stacy White
criticized heavily on the proposal, but it was not enough to stop or
postpone the vote. However, he did keep mentioning how the County
Commissioners plan to contribute funds (over 2 million dollars) which
in his opinion could help reduce the amounts of cuts H.A.R.T. would
have to do. I believe Commissioner Stacy White could be a great ally
to us. Below are two different links regarding this board meeting? As
merry mentioned in a previous email, in one of the articles there is a
picture of the front row, and we, the National Federation of the
Blind, were front and center!

http://www.tampabay.com/news/transportation/masstransit/bus-riders-plead-with-hart-board-to-reject-plan-that-cancels-their-routes/2332910

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/baybuzz/stacy-white-isnt-happy-about-harts-new-bus-routes/2333017

I personally think we, the Tampa Chapter and all our supporters made
an enormous impact, and I thank all who were involved

However, our work is not finished. I hope you will join me on
Wednesday, August 16th at 9 AM for the County Commissioner’s board
meeting. This is the meeting that the Commissioners will decide if
they will give the funds to H.A.R.T.

Join me at 8 AM for breakfast at Sobik Subs, which is located in the
Northwest corner of the county building, and from there we will walk
over together.

All the details are listed below for your convenience, and feel free
to contact me with questions.

What: County Commissioner’s Board Meeting
When: Wednesday, August, 16, 2017 at 9 AM
Where: 601 East Kennedy Blvd., Fred Carl County Building

--
Miranda B. Kilby
President, Tampa Bay Chapter
E-mail: nfbf.tampa at gmail.com
The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind.
Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they
want.