[NFBF-Tampa] urgent call to action from a blind merchant/vendor

Louise Peyton lp2473 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 26 15:35:21 UTC 2017

Please read and sign the Nfb letter.  Thanks.
Louise Peyton
Debby Winters Malmberg<https://m.facebook.com/debby.malmberg.3?refid=13&_ft_=qid.6458605601017028817%3Amf_story_key.-9217861655376112704%3Atop_level_post_id.1482411851797440>
To all of my Facebook family and friends. This is a picture of where I have worked for the last 18 +years, one of several locations I have worked since 1979 in the state Division Of Blind Services Business Enterprise Program. My job, my career for all of these years, and that of hundreds of other blind entrepreneurs, may be taken away from us.
Not because of anything that We did or did not do, but because there are people in Congress who think rest areas should be commercialized, allowing states to contract with private companies to manage vending and food service operations, and pay the government for that privilege. This money would be used to help with our sagging infrastructure, providing funds for rebuilding roads and bridges. Pom the surface it may sound good to support infrastructure, but the reality is it would not create enough money to make up for lost jobs by blind people (who have a 70% unemployment rate), the small restaurants, convenience stores and other businesses located at the exits on the interstates. I am asking each of you to pass this information on to others, and to please go to: nfb.comstituentvoice.net/nfbaction<https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fnfb.comstituentvoice.net%2Fnfbaction&h=ATNxfvXZOYdL7S4Q0alIEM0p31FdCMcp4mU89FrO7YOi3Ki1S3HRReZ5WGcBS_evtL9JN8WVnfo0p7NcudRzBkCVcrgRuiAY4i0lrf1GiCQycY_JMdLsPbFjbC7jYJvRhUZUwTkjC2su&enc=AZNYJFfkeK2LMz-cgVprROtC3DW61Q6SivEeJafrMaECTtyH_wHh7GNr0MqvT7PlBcR3g5Win3x5MNGqPYgFaqVAYysnKtFC7Cwx1Qt7i8_mwtCvJJ81NpoEuUomZfQGyXY_OtwQgYXPhSq48cpQRAsnRzyt5BP51o5PNK38WcKhgvuapt0rBCv4IdQAHKbBCMU&s=1>, sign the letter there, and it will be sent to your local congressman and your two ssenators. It is very easy and we need to flood their offices with our letters of opposition to HR 1990, and to keep it from being added into the larger infrastructure bill in the next couple of months. I thank you for your help.