[NFBF-Tampa] White Cane Safety Day and Meet the Blind activities

Merry Schoch merrys at verizon.net
Sun Aug 26 11:42:45 UTC 2018

I would like to propose to our chapter members that we conduct our White Cane Safety Day walk at the intersection of Columbus and Dale Mabry on Saturday, October 13th.  I will contact Chick filet to see if we can do a Spirit day after our walk. I do not believe we should include a car wash as the walk can be tiring. I believe a car wash fundraiser would be best planned for a cooler month as well. However, establishing a relationship with Chick filet could mean having a car wash and a spirit day there at another time .

I would like to see if all might agree to have our Meet the Blind Month activity in early or mid-November to allow us enough time for planning and organizing. The proposal is to have an event at a facility, possibly Sherrill & Barbara’s church, where we have vendors and activities and possibly another area to show the movie “I Dream in Color”. With this event we can invite the public as well as professionals in the field of blindness.

I am energized when I am in your presence. It was great seeing you all at our meeting yesterday!

With warmest regards,
Merry

Sent from my iPad