[NFBF-Tampa] Egg Nog was Holiday party sign-up sheet

Marion Gwizdala marion.gwizdala at verizon.net
Thu Dec 12 18:42:55 UTC 2019

Dear All,

                Yesterday I made another batch (my third gallon) of my annual holiday tradition – Sailor’s Egg Nog. Before we go any further, there is no need to ask if the egg nog is spiked! The answer is “Absolutely not!” There is plenty of alcohol in it while it is being made there is no need to add more! In addition, asking if there is alcohol in egg nog is like asking if there are oranges in orange juice. Alcohol is necessary in egg nog as it performs a very important function!

                First of all, I got the recipe from Mike O’Brien, who calls it “Admiral’s Egg Nog”. His was the first home-made egg nog I had ever had and the only way I will consider drinking it. I’m not sure why Mike calls it Admiral’s Egg nog; however, I call it Sailor’s Egg Nog because the rum I use is Sailor Jerry, a 93 proof dark spiced rum. In my opinion, Sailor Jerry is the best rum at the price ($21.00) you will ever buy and at 93 proof, be careful!

                I make Sailor’s Egg Nog by the gallon and am willing to share the recipe with anyone who wants it! Traditional egg nog contains some whiskey but Merry will not let me drink whiskey. She says it makes me think I’m funny! In any case, 31.2R% of my egg nog is alcohol and alcohol is an essential element of palatable, smooth, safe egg nog. My egg nog is naturally pasteurized with the alcohol which also serves as an homogenizing agent. I make my nog at least two days before consumption to allow the alcohol to break down the ingredients and smooth out the  consistency.

                I hope we don’t forget the nog this year as we did last! I am certain you will all enjoy it!

Fraternally yours,

Marion