[NFBF-Tampa] NFB of Palm Beach Meet the Blind Month Awareness Event

Tekesha Saffold tnsaffold82 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 17:07:52 UTC 2019

National Federation of the Blind of Palm Beach Chapter
Announces a Meet the Blind/White Cane Awareness Event

For individuals who are blind or visually impaired, the white cane is an essential tool that enables us the ability to achieve full mobility and an independent life. It allows us to move more freely and safely from place to place—whether it's work, school, or our neighborhoods.
The National Federation of the Blind (NFB) celebrates Meet the Blind Month every October. Throughout the month, we conduct a variety of outreach activities that create opportunities for sighted individuals to meet blind or visually impaired individuals in their community. Many of these activities are centered around White Cane Awareness Day, which is also acknowledged on October 15th of each year. This year the NFB Palm Beach Chapter will host a free Meet the Blind Month Awareness event.
When: Thursday, October 24, 2019
Time: 11:00AM-1:00PM
Where: Riviera Beach City Hall, City Council Chambers, 600 W Blue Heron Blvd, Riviera Beach, FL 33404
Purpose: To bring awareness and educate the community about resources and services in our county. This platform will primarily consist of speakers who are blind and visually impaired from local, state, federal, and non-profit agencies. The Meet the Blind Month Awareness Event will allow the community to interact with those who are blind or visually impaired to foster positive relationships and understanding of the abilities in our blind community.  Vendors will also partake in this educational event.
Event Organizer:
Tekesha Saffold, NFB Palm Beach President (561) 707-4799

Sponsors:
Mayor Ronnie Felder, City of Riviera Beach

Thanks,

Tekesha Saffold

President of the National Federation of the Blind of Palm Beach
Consumer Advocate and Consultant of the Palm Beaches