[NFBF-Tampa] Tampa Bay Chapter Meeting

Marion Gwizdala marion.gwizdala at verizon.net
Sun Sep 22 10:08:45 UTC 2019

Dear All,

                Our September meeting of the Tampa Bay Chapter of the
National Federation of the Blind of Florida will be held on Saturday,
September 28 from 12:00 noon until 2:00 p.m. at O'Brien's Irish Pub, located
at 701 W. Lumsden Road in Brandon. A social gathering will be held prior to
the meeting. O'Brien's opens at 11:00 a.m., so come early to eat, meet, &
greet your NFB chapter family!

                Our guest speakers this month will be focused on public
transportation. Ivan Maldonado, Director of Bus Operations for Hillsborough
Area Regional Transit (HART), will hsare the current status of HART, where
HART is headed in the upcoming months, and some information about the law
suit challenging the constitutionality of the sales tax referendum voters
approved in November. We are also planning to have David Smith, HART's
attorney, share additional information on the law suit and how we, as an
organization, can have a positive impact on this law suit. Since public
transportation is a vital concern for the blind, we are hoping a large
turn-out will help educate us about how our grassroots involvement can make
a significant difference. We hope to see many of you on Saturday!

                Attached to this message are two ublic service announcements
for you to listen to and share with your network. One of them features our
own Lloyd Mathews and the cumulative voices of our Tampa Bay Chapter. I hope
you enjoy them and share them widely!

                We are approaching our busiest time of the year and your
involvement is key! Here are a few dates to put on your calendar:

Monday, October 7

HART Board of Directors' Meeting

1201 E. 7th Ave.

9:00 a.m.

Saturday, October 26

White Cane Safety Day March

North Dale Mabry Hwy. & Spruce Ave.

10:00 until 11:30 a.m. with lunch following at Denney's

Monday, November 3

HART Board of Directors' Meeting

1201 E. 7th Ave.

9:00 a.m.

Wednesday, November 6

Meet the Blind Activity

Tampa Mayor's food Truck Rally

Gaslight Park

241 E. Madison Street (between Tampa & Franklin Streets)

11:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.

Sponsored by the Tampa Downtown Partnership

Saturday, November 23

Monthly Chapter Meeting

Beef O'Brady's

8810 N. Himes Ave.

12:00 noon until 2:00 p.m.

Eat, Meet, & Greet prior to the meeting

Monday, December 2

HART Board of Directors' Meeting

1201 E. 7th Ave

9:00 a.m.

So, come join the most dynamic chapter of the National Federation of the
Blind of Florida as we raise expectations and live the lives we want!

Fraternally yours,

Marion Gwizdala

characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we arise the
expectations of blind people because low expectations create obstacles
between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want!
Blindness is not what holds you back.