[NFBF-Tampa] Tampa Bay Chapter Meeting minutes June 2020

Sherrill O'Brien sherrill.obrien at verizon.net
Fri Jul 24 20:28:54 UTC 2020

Hello Chapter members and friends,

I hope all of you are doing well and staying safe.

I also hope some of you enjoyed at least a few of the many wonderful
offerings presented at this year's virtual NFB national convention.

The May chapter meeting minutes are pasted below.

Warmest regards

Sherrill

Tampa Bay Chapter

Chapter Meeting Minutes

June 27, 2020

Because of the restrictions resulting from the Covid-19 pandemic, the
chapter members met from our homes by conference call via the Zoom meeting
platform

The monthly Tampa Bay Chapter meeting was called to order by President
Miranda Kilby at 12:03PM.

Miranda asked everyone to introduce themselves, and asked members to say
what the NFB means to them. We had three guests, all invited by Yvonne
Rosanelli.

There were a total of 16 persons in attendance, including NFBF state
president Denise Valkema.

Miranda then led the NFB pledge on behalf of all of us.

Secretary and Treasurer'sReports

Dan gave the treasurer's report. Our current balance is $2,154.86.

A motion was made by Sherrill, seconded by Gloria, to approve the
treasurer's report as read. The motion passed.

A motion was made by Paul, seconded by Dan, to approve the May chapter
meeting minutes as emailed. The motion passed.

President's Report

Miranda said the NFB national convention will be held virtually this year
from July 14 through 18. It is free and open to all. We talked at length
about the many events which will take place and the great variety of topics
which  will be covered.

New Business

Tampa's ADA coordinator Raquel Pancho informed Miranda that she has masks
available at no cost. Anyone wanting a mask should send an email to Miranda,
putting "in need of mask" in the subject line. And including their address
and phone number.

Tampa Chapter Board Meeting

The chapter Board met on June 24 and took up the goals we discussed during
our May chapter meeting. It was determined that we will continue to meet
virtually as long as necessary, but will certainly meet in person as soon as
it is safe to do so.

Guest Speakers

Miranda announced we will have a speaker from HART at our July chapter
meeting. We will be seeking the most up-to-date information on what is being
done to keep fixed route and HARTPlus riders safe during the pandemic.

In September we will host a comprehensive workshop addressing important
information and concerns dealing with November's national election.

speakers will include Someone from the Hillsborough County Supervisor of
Elections office, as well as a member of the League of Women Voters.

Miranda stressed the importance of publicizing this event as widely as
possible.

Of course both these events will be held virtually via the Zoom platform.

Fundraising

Miranda acknowledged the challenges of raising funds during this time of
restrictions. Marion and Gloria will once again be the co chairs of the
committee. Miranda encouraged all who are interested in serving on the
committee to contact her or one of the co chairs.

Membership

Yvonne has volunteered to serve as one of the co chairs on the Membership
Committee. Gloria complimented Yvonne on her efforts to invite so many
guests.

Paul mentioned that if some of the guests do not live in the area, they are
welcome to join the Statewide Chapter.

Miranda also invited guests to join the Tampa Bay Chapter and/or NFBF email
lists, and explained how to do so.

She also spoke about the statewide informational email groups/meetings, such
as Newsline, Senior Concerns, Technology and the Book Club.

State Convention

Miranda reminded the group that our Florida state convention will take place
on October 3 and 4, and will be held virtually.

Our next meeting will be held on July 25 via the Zoom platform.

A motion was made by Paul, seconded by Gloria, to adjourn the meeting. The
motion passed. The meeting was adjourned at 1:08PM.

Respectfully submitted

Sherrill O'Brien, Secretary

Tampa Bay Chapter

Phone 813-935-0474, cell 813-767-1890

Email Sherrill.obrien at verizon.net

expectations because low expectations create barriers between blind people
and our dreams. You can live the life you want! Blindness is not what holds
you bac