[NFBF-Tampa] To the nfb tampa chapter list

Joy Relton joy.relton at icloud.com
Sat May 9 15:22:53 UTC 2020

Hi Sherrill,

I got Vicky from The Seeing Eye. She is my seventh dog. We are enjoying walking early in the morning. She especially likes her "cooling vest". I would highly recommend one for a dog in this area. You Run it under the faucet and clip the vest on their body. It shouldn't be dripping or submerged because it is not necessary. The structure provides three layers. The central layer acts like a thermal insulater. The harness fits over easily. You will probably have to fasten the chest strap a little looser. She has voted no, pretty loudly to the booties. I know that the vest works because when I take it off after more than an hour of walking it is still cool on the side which was next to her coat. She is a little forty-five pound lab/golden cross. She is black which makes it a little hotter for her in the sun. I'm having lots of fun with her.
If anyone is  interested in buying one of these vests they are made by Ruff Wear. I think that I ordered it from Amazon but I'm not positive. Ruff wear makes a couple different types of vest but at least one of the others requires you to place ice inside the vest. I wasn't interested in that one. A friend of mine recommended this one to me  and she is right, it is great! I think that it's about $60 but worth it when you live in such a warm area.

I hope that you and your family are doing well.

Joy