[NFBF-Tampa] Tampa Bay Chapter Meeting Minutes April 2020

Sherrill O'Brien sherrill.obrien at verizon.net
Wed May 20 18:57:25 UTC 2020

Hello to all,

I hope everyone is well and staying out of trouble at home!

The April meeting minutes are pasted below.

Warmly

Sherrill

Tampa Bay Chapter

Chapter Meeting Minutes

April 25, 2020

Because of the restrictions resulting from the Covid-19 pandemic, the
chapter members met from our homes by conference call via the Zoom meeting
platform

The meeting was called to order by President Miranda Kilby at 1:03PM. She
led the group in saying the NFB Pledge.

All introduced themselves. There were  fifteen persons in attendance,
including our NFBF state president Denise Valkema.

Secretary and Treasurer'sReports

Treasurer Dan hicks encouraged those who have not yet paid their 2020
chapter dues to do so either through PayPal or by check. Our current balance
is $2221.83.

A motion was made by Sherrill, seconded by Barbara, to accept the
treasurer's report as read. The motion passed.

A motion was made by Barbara, seconded by Gloria, to approve the  March
chapter meeting minutes as emailed. The motion passed.

President's Report

Miranda reminded everyone that our state convention is postponed. But the
state Board is working with the hotel to determine if a later date is
feasible.

She said she will send out links for all the upcoming affiliate Zoom
meetings.

She announced that the national convention, originally scheduled for
Houston, Texas, will be held virtually at the same time in July. It will
still be necessary to register, but there is no cost. She said this will be
a good way for those who have never attended a convention to get an idea of
what it'ss all about.

Old Business.

Miranda said she has not been able to contact the talking book library in
Daytona Beach about sending out notices for our virtual meetings. She feels
it might be better at this time to notify people by email rather than
receiving postcards through the mail.

New Business

Miranda encouraged everyone to reach out to check on at least one person,
and to see if they have any needs or challenges during this difficult time.

Miranda mentioned that there are still $25 vouchers available for the
ridesharing service Lyft.

We then shared how we are doing during our time of staying at home

Our next meeting will be held on May 23, once again via the Zoom platform.

The meeting was adjourned at 2:20PM.

Respectfully submitted

Sherrill O'Brien, Secretary

Tampa Bay Chapter

Phone 813-935-0474, cell 813-767-1890

email Sherrill.obrien at verizon.net

expectations because low expectations create barriers between blind people
and our dreams. You can live the life you want! Blindness is not what holds
you bac