[NFBF-Tampa] To the nfb tampa chapter list

Ineko Gary rubiigary at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 00:12:27 UTC 2020

Greetings all

I am going to post some information down below from TECO. Posting here.

Our crews are ready to respond to severe weather

Tampa Electric prepares year-round to deal with the potential impacts of hurricanes and widespread power outages, and we are ready for the potential impacts of Tropical Storm Eta to our service areas. We have a comprehensive storm plan in place and will restore power as safely and quickly as possible to those who are impacted. We also recommend that customers have a storm plan for their homes or businesses. Please check out our Storm Safety webpage for important storm preparation and safety tips at tampaelectric.com/stormsafety.

Steps to take now

If severe weather results in power outages, taking these steps will help ensure a faster response and more timely updates:

If you haven’t already, register in advance on tecoaccount.com to create an online profile, manage your account online and ensure your contact information is accurate. This will help our automated system match your information to your service address if you need to report an outage.
Go to tampaelectric.com/outages and sign up for free Power Updates. Once enrolled, you’ll be able to receive updates on the status of your service as you wish – text, email and/or phone calls.
Bookmark our Outage Map webpage at tampaelectric.com/outagemap. Here, you’ll be able to search for an address to see the location of a power outage and estimated restoration time.
How to report an outage

Use any of these convenient options:

Log in to tecoaccount.com and report your outage with one click; or
Visit tampaelectric.com/outages and report your outage. You’ll need your meter number, account number, or the phone number associated with your account; or
Text OUT to 35069 (message and data rates may apply); or
Call toll-free 877-588-1010
Visit our Power Outages webpage at tampaelectric.com/outages to learn more.

Keeping you informed

Follow us on social media. We will use Facebook facebook.com/tampaelectric and Twitter twitter.com/tampaelectric to keep you informed about any outage restoration activities.

Make safety a priority

Stay a safe distance away from downed power lines. Always assume that a downed power line is energized and move a safe distance away to safety.
Avoid floodwaters. Do not drive through floodwaters, a small amount of water can flood your vehicle or carry it away.
In the event of an outage, prepare for power restoration by making sure there are no flammable items on the stove and turn off irons, coffee makers and other appliances that can result in potentially dangerous situations.
Use portable generators safely. Do not connect a portable generator directly to a home circuit. Plug appliances directly to the generator. Connecting a generator to home circuits may cause power to flow to outside lines, called backfeed, which can pose life-threatening danger to restoration crews. Portable generators must be properly ventilated. Do not use a generator inside a residence or any enclosed space, such as a garage or carport, where deadly carbon monoxide gasses could build up.
After severe weather, your yard may sustain damage from fallen trees. Remember to call 8-1-1 to have underground utilities marked for free before you dig up tree roots. They’re often growing near natural gas pipes or other buried utility lines. Calling two business days before digging gives utilities enough time to mark your yard with flags or paint, making it easier for you to dig safely.
Keeping the challenges of the coronavirus in mind, we encourage all our customers to review the hurricane season tips outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at https://www.cdc.gov/disasters/hurricanes/covid-19/prepare-for-hurricane.html.
For more helpful tips, visit our Storm Safety page at tampaelectric.com/stormsafety.

Thank you and stay safe!

Sent from my iPhone