[NFBF-Tampa] Tampa Bay Chapter meeting minutes July 2021

Sherrill O'Brien sherrill.obrien at verizon.net
Fri Aug 27 21:33:54 UTC 2021

Hello everyone,

Well, it won't take you long to read these minutes. Though the meeting was
short, we gathered good info about the convention hotel, and talked about
how to get our TD Tampa Bay service back. We did have a good time, but it
wasn't all play while the cat was away (smile!)

Sherrill

Tampa Bay Chapter

Chapter Meeting Minutes

July 24, 2021

Beef O'Brady's

8810 North Himes Avenue

The meeting was called to order by treasurer Dan Hicks at 12:18pm.

This was because President Kilby was away on vacation and Vice President
Merry Schoch has resigned.

All introduced themselves. There were ten persons in attendance, including
Yvonne's father Dr. Fajardo.

Dan gave the treasurer's report. Our current balance is $2,279.55.

Most of the meeting was taken up by a discussion of the state convention
which will be held on October 1-3 at the USF Embassy Suites. Debbie Malone
and Yvonne went to the hotel in order to determine the layout. They are
planning to write up detailed instructions for getting around the hotel,
including information about the dog relief area.'

We also discussed the impact of the loss of the TD Tampa Bay ride service
and the importance of writing letters to the proper authorities. Debbie is
working to help us with this project.

Ed Sanders showed us a Sangean radio he has recently purchased which has
very helpful audio features including for the alarm and  station settings.

Brittany Fraer won the 50/50 drawing, winning $52.50.

Our next meeting will be held on August 28 at Beef O'Brady's.

The meeting was adjourned at 1:35PM.

Respectfully submitted

Sherrill O'Brien, Secretary

Tampa Bay Chapter

Phone 813-935-0474, cell 813-767-1890

email Sherrill.obrien at verizon.net

expectations because low expectations create barriers between blind people
and our dreams. You can live the life you want! Blindness is not what holds
you bac