[NFBF-Tampa] TV Adaptations for Blind and Visually Impaired

danjhicks at gmail.com danjhicks at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 02:19:24 UTC 2021

Hello NFB members who are Spectrum Customers,

At the last meeting of the NFBF Seniors Committee, we heard from Peter and others who work for the Accessibility department of Spectrum. We asked Petr to send a list of the resources that are available to Spectrum’s blind and visually impaired cable customers. Here is the letter he sent us back, along with the attachment containing additional information.

___________________

Gloria, Dan and Jim, thank you for inviting us to join the NFB seniors group yesterday. We enjoyed getting to know all of you and sharing our updates around the latest for Spectrum Accessibility. Below is some helpful information that I promised to send over to you, and that you can share with the rest of the group.

Here is the link to the ACB audio description project page for latest information on currently available DVS:

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://bit.ly/adptv <https://www.google.com/url?q=http://bit.ly/adptv&sa=D&ust=1527100071148000> &sa=D&ust=1527100071148000

Here is the phone number for the Spectrum call center that handles accessibility calls:

1-844-762-1301

I also mentioned a few shortcuts with the new Spectrum remote that comes with the latest Spectrum cable box:

The remote has an accessibility options button which is a square button located just above the number “1” key.

Press the “options” button followed by the number “2” key to turn Guide Narration on and off.

Press the “options” button, followed by the number “3” key to turn audio description on and off. This one is very useful to avoid the Spanish when DVS is not available.

Additionally, I am attaching a document that outlines all of our products that we covered on the call. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you

Petr Kucheryavyy | Sr. Manager

Accessibility Center of Excellence

Desk: 720.536.9223 | Mobile: 720.765.6346

6360 S. Fiddlers Green Cir. Denver, CO. 80111