[NFBF-Tampa] Tampa Bay Chapter Meeting Minutes February 2021

Sherrill O'Brien sherrill.obrien at verizon.net
Sat Mar 27 03:25:37 UTC 2021

Hello to all,

I'm resending the minutes as I'm not sure they actually went out. If you
already received them, the delete key is your friend.

Sherrill

Tampa Bay Chapter

Chapter Meeting Minutes

February 27, 2021

Because of the restrictions resulting from the Covid-19 pandemic, the
chapter members met from our homes via the Zoom meeting platform

The meeting was called to order by President Miranda Kilby at 12:05PM.

All introduced themselves. There were 16 persons in attendance, including 5
guests: Brittany Fraer, Judy Hamilton, Z'leah Libord and Scott Wilson.

Yvonne led the group in saying the NFB Pledge.

Miranda introduced our speaker, Steve Holmes, who is the CEO of the Florida
Commission for the Transportation Disadvantaged. This TD Tampa Bay service
is a pilot program which began on December 1, 2020. It supplements available
local services and is funded by a state grant which currently must be
renewed annually. The goal is to secure permanent funding. This year's grant
runs through the end of June. The main focus of the service is providing
cross county transportation. Counties included are: Hernando, Hillsborough,
Manatee, Pasco, and Pinellas. Service is also provided within each county in
the evening when other transportation services have stopped running.   The
cost per trip is $6, credit cards only, and trips are booked by phone. The
categories of people who are eligible for the service are: older adults,
those with low incomes, and those with disabilities. Steve encouraged
everyone to fill out the online eligibility form. Following many questions
and comments, Miranda thanked our speaker for taking the time to present
such valuable information.

Secretary and Treasurer'sReports

A motion was made by Dan, seconded by Paul, to accept the meeting minutes as
emailed. The motion passed.

Dan gave the treasurer's report. Our current balance is $2,202.56. Dan said
that we again opened up our 50/50 drawing to the whole state and received a
total of $120, making the

A motion was made by Gloria, seconded by Sherrill, to approve the
treasurer's report as read. The motion passed.

Miscellaneous

Gloria invited all those interested to attend the Senior Concerns meeting on
March 4.

Louise expressed concern that the online process for making an appointment
to get the COVID19 vaccination is confusing and not easily accessible. She
was thankful that Tampa's ADA coordinator Raquel Pancho was able to help her
navigate the system.

New Business

We discussed when and where we might meet once it is safe to do so. Yvonne
said we are welcome to come to their house on Davis Islands and meet on the
patio. She suggested we could use the new TD Tampa Bay service to get there.

Sherrill won the 50/50 drawing.

Our next meeting will be held via the Zoom platform on March 27.

The meeting was adjourned at 1:42PM.

Respectfully submitted

Sherrill O'Brien, Secretary

Tampa Bay Chapter

Phone 813-935-0474, cell 813-767-1890

email Sherrill.obrien at verizon.net

expectations because low expectations create barriers between blind people
and our dreams. You can live the life you want! Blindness is not what holds
you bac