[NFBF-Tampa] Tampa Bay chapter meeting minutes April 2021

Sherrill O'Brien sherrill.obrien at verizon.net
Fri May 21 21:28:47 UTC 2021

Hello to all,

Here are April's meeting minutes.

Sherrill

Tampa Bay Chapter

Chapter Meeting Minutes

April 24, 2021

Because of the restrictions resulting from the Covid-19 pandemic, the
chapter members met from our homes via the Zoom meeting platform

The meeting was called to order by President Miranda Kilby at 12:00PM.

All introduced themselves. There were 16 persons in attendance

Sherrill led us in saying the NFB pledge.

Secretary and Treasurer'sReports

A motion was made by Louise, seconded by Gloria, to approve the March
meeting minutes as emailed. The motion passed.

Dan gave the treasurer's report. Our current balance is $2344.86.

A motion was made by Sherrill, seconded by Kathy Fleegel, to accept the
treasurer's report as read. The motion passed.

Dan said he will soon pay the chapter's annual dues to NFBF.

President's Report

Miranda encouraged chapter members to respond to the survey sent out by
state secretary Sylvia Young asking for input regarding the state's
newsletter. She also encouraged us to register for the virtual national
convention, which allows members to vote and win door prizes.

State Convention

Miranda said that most likely the Miami chapter will be cohosting with the
Tampa Bay chapter for the state convention which will be held over the first
weekend in October. Camille Tate is the state convention chair. A Florida
state convention listserv will be created. An open planning meeting will be
held on the first Sunday of each month.

We will probably hold a hybrid convention, allowing participation  either in
person  or via Zoom. Miranda then asked who would be interested in attending
in person. A majority said they would probably do so. Miranda asked us to
think of ideas for the convention to present at next month's meeting,
including speakers, a theme, and social activities.

We agreed to try for June or July for an in-person chapter
meeting/celebration. Yvonne said we could use the patio at her home for such
a get-together.

Paul Lewis won the 50/50 drawing.

Our next meeting will be held on May 22 via the Zoom platform.

The meeting was adjourned at 12:47PM.

Respectfully submitted

Sherrill O'Brien, Secretary

Tampa Bay Chapter

Phone 813-935-0474, cell 813-767-1890

email Sherrill.obrien at verizon.net

expectations because low expectations create barriers between blind people
and our dreams. You can live the life you want! Blindness is not what holds
you bac