[NFBF-Tampa] Tampa Bay Chapter Meeting Minutes July 2022

Sherrill O'Brien sherrill.obrien at verizon.net
Fri Aug 12 19:26:14 UTC 2022

Greetings to all,

Here are the July chapter meeting minutes.

Have a great weekend.

Sherrill

Tampa Bay Chapter

Chapter Meeting Minutes

July 23, 2022

Beef O ' Brady's

8810 North Himes Avenue

Tampa, Florida

The meeting was called to order by President Miranda Kilby at 10:50AM.
Following our fund raising pancake breakfast.

Everyone introduced themselves. There were  21 persons in attendance,
including   the following 8 guests: Kristine Copley's husband Josh, Greg
Farley and his father, Marion Gwizdala, Mike O'Brien, Marguerite and Matthew
Ribaldo, and Merry Schoch. No one participated via the Zoom platform.

We said the NFB pledge together.

Secretary and Treasurer Reports

A motion was made by Barbara, seconded by Paul, to approve the  June 2022
meeting minutes as emailed. The motion passed. Sherrill thanked Dan for
taking the minutes in her absence.

Dan gave the treasurer's report. Our current balance is $1758.61. A motion
was made by Barbara, seconded by Noe, to accept the treasurer's report as
read. The motion passed.

Pancake Breakfast Fund Raiser Report

Miranda said we sold a total of 60 tickets for the Beef O ' Brady's pancake
breakfast fund raiser. The winner of our 50/50 drawing, Gloria's
sister-in-law, received $102.00. Miranda thanked  Zuwar for creating and
purchasing the items for one of the two basket drawings, and her own family
for donating the items for the other basket.

She also thanked all those who helped in any way with the fund raiser,
including those who took shifts at our table at the Carrollwood Publix on
July 16. She said that event raised about $260 in donations. She said we all
appreciated those who helped out in any way at the morning's actual
breakfast. She said several Moose and Lions Club members attended. Paul
suggested we send thank-you notes where appropriate.

Miranda also thanked Yvonne for creating the posters. We will also use them
for our table at our upcoming ADA event this Wednesday at the County Center
at 601 E. Kennedy. Yvonne said she would like pictures from chapter members
showing them involved in lots of different activities. She will then turn
them into posters we can use for future events.

Social Activities Report

Yvonne reminded us of the bowling event to be held on August 19 at Pin
Chasers on Armenia. The cost of $15 per person includes pizza. Yvonne said
she will check on the availability of a bowling rail. She added that an
acquaintance is interested in starting a bowling league.

Yvonne wants us to let her know by the end of July whether we are interested
in going as a group to Zoo Tampa.

Miranda said everyone enjoyed our outing at Side Splitter's comedy club, and
thanked Yvonne for arranging it.

State Convention

Miranda said we need to think about transportation to Jacksonville for our
October state convention. We will most likely go by train. She hopes that by
then we will once again be able to take advantage of the train which
involves a bus to Orlando and then the train which arrives into Jacksonville
by late  afternoon.

Paul said that convention registration is a bit different this year. It's a
two step process involving Google Forms, with several options for paying.

Greg Farley, Marion Gwizdala and Merry Schoch said they wished to become
chapter members. A motion was made by Sherrill, seconded by Jessica, that we
accept all three as members of our chapter. The motion passed. Miranda then
asked them to recite the NFB pledge.

Yvonne mentioned that our member cathy Fleeger is in the hospital.

Merry said Freedom Guide Dogs is planning a local 30th anniversary
celebration on November 5th at Tampa's Lowry Park.

Our next meeting will be held on  August 27.

A motion was made by Barbara, seconded by Yvonne, that the meeting be
adjourned. The motion passed.

The meeting was adjourned at 12:00PM.

Respectfully submitted

Sherrill O'Brien, Secretary

Tampa Bay Chapter

Phone 813-935-0474, cell 813-767-1890

email Sherrill.obrien at verizon.net <mailto:Sherrill.obrien at verizon.net>

expectations because low expectations create barriers between blind people
and our dreams. You can live the life you want! Blindness is not what holds
you bac