[NFBF-Tampa] Minutes of Tampa Bay Chapter Meeting 230923

danjhicks at gmail.com danjhicks at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 19:40:48 UTC 2023

Tampa Bay Chapter

National Federation of the Blind

Minutes for Chapter Meeting

September 23, 2013

The meeting was held at Beef 'O'Brady's Restaurant, 8810 North Himes Avenue,
Tampa, Florida.

The meeting was called to order at 12:10 PM by the President, Miranda Kilby.

All present introduced themselves, including Marie Harvester, a BSW student
at USF, who was was gathering information for a paper she is writing, and
members who joined via Zoom.

The group recited the NFB Pledge.

Chapter Treasurer Dan Hicks gave the Treasurer's Reports. We have a balance
of $3881.88 in our chapter treasury. Treasurer's report was approved (Motion
by Barbara Gaw, second by Shanti Aaron).

The minutes for the previous meeting, taken by Dan, were distributed
previously. They were approved as emailed (Motion by Barbara, Seconded by
Jessica Cuddy).

There was a discussion of our Chick-Fil-A fundraiser. We do not yet know the
amount of that the fundraiser raised. It was based on sales at only one
location and it appears that not all employees at that location were aware
of the fundraiser.

Miranda has attended a rehearsal of the band doing the Stronger Together
Concert. The band sounds great, in spite of having to replace its drummer.

Board Member Yvonne Rosanelli has attended several rehearsals. She said the
band sounds better each time.

Miranda says there will be two kinds of auctions: a silent auction and our
50/50 drawing. We are paying $600 for the room to hold the concert. The room
seats 200 people.

Yvonne has several businesses that are donating items for the Silent
Auction. Marion has at least one. Miranda is working on getting some more.
Board Member Greg Farley will be picking up a items for the Auction. Dan has
tickets for members to take and try to sell.

Miranda announced that Tampa Lighthouse director Sheryl Brown's husband
passed away suddenly.

Miranda is working on ways to get the concert playbill printed for free or
at a reduced price. Yvonne and her husband Dr. George Rosanelli have
purchased a $500 sponsorship for the playbill.

There was a discussion of the upcoming NFBF State Convention.

Our NFBF Auction Basket is coming together.

We will look into getting silicone bracelets to give to people who enter the
concert and to sell at the convention.

We will sell tickets for $1.00 each or six for $5.00. People who buy them
receive both halves of the tickets. They keep one half and put the other
half in whichever drawing they are entering.

Yvonne invited everyone to her Airbnb condo at Reddington Beach the weekend
of the October 28.

The time for our chapter Holiday Party is fast approaching. It will be held
at Barbara's house. Finger foods only, please. It will be held on a
Saturday, probably December 2.

The motion to adjourn was made by Dan, seconded by Shanti.

The meeting was adjourned at 1:21 PM.

Respectfully submitted,

Dan Hicks, Treasurer

Tampa Bay Chapter