[NFBFTtreasure-Coast] Fwd: [NFBF-L] Employment & career fair #NFB21 & Florida caucus

NFBFL Treasure Coast treasurecoastnfb at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 01:09:38 UTC 2021

Thank you
Nicole

Nicole D. Fincham-Shehan
President

Treasure Coast Chapter
Home Phone: 561-366-7841
Cell Phone: 410-493-4461
Email: treasurecoastnfb at gmail.com

Begin forwarded message:

From: DENISE VALKEMA via NFBF-L <nfbf-l at nfbnet.org>
Date: June 24, 2021 at 9:08:17 PM EDT
To: NFBF <nfbf-l at nfbnet.org>, NFBF <nfbf-leaders at nfbnet.org>
Cc: DENISE VALKEMA <valkemadenise at aol.com>
Subject: [NFBF-L] Employment & career fair #NFB21 & Florida caucus

Tuesday, 7/6/21
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM—ORIENTATION TO THE 2021 NFB CAREER FAIR
Zoom meeting ID: 923 2958 9892
This event is designed to help employers and job seekers prepare for the Career Fair. Employers will talk about their staffing needs. Job seekers will learn how to make the best pitch to employers. Both will get last-minute information and their questions answered.

Dick Davis, Chair

12:00 - 1:00 PM—TARGET: CREATING A MORE ACCESSIBLE WORKPLACE
Zoom meeting ID: 936 8308 2758
Learn how Target is building a more accessible and inclusive workplace. We’ll share some of the work we’ve done to ensure blind people can do our jobs. We’re also building accessibility into our culture. Hear about how accessibility benefits Target and all our guests.
Steve Decker, Lead Accessibility Consultant, Target

1:00 - 4:00 PM—NFB NATIONAL CAREER FAIR
Zoom meeting ID: 956 8743 3935
Looking for a job? This event brings blind job seekers looking for rewarding careers together with employers who want to hire them. Job seekers must preregister at https://nfb.org/form/career-fair-jobseeker-registration.
Sponsored by the NFB Employment Committee.
Dick Davis, Chair

2:00 - 3:00 PM—PEARSON DISABILITY MENTORING PROGRAM
Zoom meeting ID: 920 7697 5702
The Pearson Disability Mentoring Program has targeted the dangerous combination of low expectations and a lack of knowledge about exploring career goals that leads to underemployment of disabled college graduates. Join this session to learn how Mentoring Changes Lives.
John Tweeddale, Senior Vice President, Higher Education Services, Pearson

5:00 - 8:00 PM—2021 JOB SEEKER SEMINAR
Zoom meeting ID: 991 2558 1630
Our annual seminar is bigger and better this year, with presenters on a whole range of topics. New to the job market? Experienced person looking for better opportunities? Want to know what employers really want? We’ve got you covered!

Mary Ann Mendez, NFB Employment Committee Seminar Chair

Wednesday, 7/7/21

10:00 - 11:30 AM—GET CONNECTED IN YOUR EMPLOYMENT SEARCH
Zoom meeting ID: 938 6932 2369
Are you looking for employment? Do you want to enhance your employability? Do you want to learn about assistive technology? The Chicago Lighthouse has an educated and experienced team that can offer a variety of programs to prepare you for employment.
Martha Younger-White, Senior Vice President, Employment & Rehabilitation Services, Chicago Lighthouse

11:30 AM - 1:30 PM—UPWARD MOBILITY SEMINAR
Zoom meeting ID: 925 6111 1019
Learning and growth are both keys to human advancement. Don’t settle for a future (or a present) that’s limited. This seminar will provide you with tools to help you live the life you want and have fun doing it.
Sponsored by the NFB Employment Committee.
Dick Davis, Chair

12:00 - 1:30 PM—TIPS FOR BUILDING A JOURNALISM CAREER
Zoom meeting ID: 919 4139 8845
Come join the Blind Professional Journalists Group as we discuss how we work in an exciting, dynamic profession. Let’s exchange ideas on technology and blindness skills to help us move forward.
Elizabeth Campbell, Chair

7:00 - 8:00 PM—GET HIRED – TALENT NETWORK
Zoom meeting ID: 956 8416 2853
The Workforce Innovation Center talent network allows interested job seekers who are blind or low vision to gain access to the latest job opportunities, events, training sessions, and other career-related information.
Mika Pyyhkala, Director of Digital Accessibility, Envision

Friday, 7/9/21 Florida caucus
Join our Florida caucus to meet or renew ties with your Federation friends and family, to review this year’s resolutions, and to learn more about the work of the Federation. Come hear about our state convention.
Topic: Florida Caucus
Time: Jul 9, 2021 11:00 AM
Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/98964738265
One tap mobile
+16468769923,,98964738265#
Dial by your location
        1 646 876 9923
Meeting ID: 989 6473 8265

Denise Valkema, President
President at nfbflorida.org
(305)972-8529
WWW.NFBFLORIDA.ORG
Follow us @nfbflorida
Live the life you want.
To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for NFBF-L:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbf-l_nfbnet.org/treasurecoastnfb%40gmail.com