[NFBFTtreasure-Coast] Chapter Treasury and Constitution

NFBFL Treasure Coast treasurecoastnfb at gmail.com
Tue May 25 19:46:25 UTC 2021

Joe,

I am trying to do what the membership is asking for.  However, when I tried to have the discussion as to changing the constitution, it was frowned upon and voted against.  Therefore, at this time, all we can do is follow the current constitution.

I honestly do not understand what the concern is as the chapter has had only the Treasurer and President on the bank account for years, and just recently was the Vice President added to the account.  Even when the Vice President was added to the account, the President’s name still remained on the account.  So, I am simply trying to meet the requirements set forth by the membership in. The creation of the constitution and also add another individual to ensure transparency.  I am simply trying to do what is in the best interest of all the members.

Again, we can discuss at the June meeting and if we decided we are going to change our constitution, we can begin the lengthy process, but for the time being, we would need to have at least both the Treasurer and President names on the account and wed can add the Vice President.

I hope this clarifies things.  I have asked Sylvia to input the state board position.

Thank you
Nicole

Nicole D. Fincham-Shehan
President