[NFBFTtreasure-Coast] Fwd: Next Week: Online Learning Platform Accessibility Showcase

daphneraygen at aol.com daphneraygen at aol.com
Thu Jun 9 13:47:05 UTC 2022

Good morning thanks

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS

On Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 6:13 PM, NFBFL Treasure Coast via NFBF-Treasure-Coast <nfbf-treasure-coast at nfbnet.org> wrote:

Thank youNicole
Nicole D. Fincham-ShehanPresident
Treasure Coast ChapterNational Federation of the Blind of Florida Home Phone: 561-366-7841 Cell Phone: 410-493-4461 Email: treasurecoastnfb at gmail.com

Begin forwarded message:

From: National Federation of the Blind <webmaster at nfb.org>
Date: June 8, 2022 at 6:08:57 PM EDT
To: "Nicole D. Fincham-Shehan" <treasurecoastnfb at gmail.com>
Subject: Next Week: Online Learning Platform Accessibility Showcase

|   |

|  |

Learn About the Accessibility of Various Online Learning Platforms

Online learning allows a person to learn a variety of subjects through text and video courses. Almost any topic imaginable can be found—from earning an online degree or a technical certification, to learning how to write better essays, and improve your cooking skills. This type of education can provide great opportunities; unfortunately, the accessibility of both the course platform and course content can vary wildly. Join the National Federation of the Blind Center of Excellence in Nonvisual Accessibility for our upcoming accessibility seminar on Wednesday, June 15, from 1:00-5:00 p.m. eastern to learn about severalonline learning platforms, including SkillShare, Udemy, edX, and Coursera, and their accessibility. For each service, we will cover topics including:

   - Signing up for the platform
   - Courses offered
   - Accessibility of the web site and app
   - Accessibility of the course content
   - And more!

Take advantage of this free opportunity. Register today!

Save-the-Date: More Accessibility Events

Experts at the Center of Excellence in Nonvisual Access offer various training events throughout the year to share best practices in web accessibility and access technology. Here is what’s coming up:

   - June 28 Boutique: Intro to Linux for Blind Users

Learn more about Accessibility Boutiques and Seminars.

About Center of Excellence in Nonvisual Accessibility

The National Federation of the Blind is the transformative membership and advocacy organization of blind people. Our Center of Excellence in Nonvisual Accessibility (CENA) provides resources and events with access technology experts. Learn more about CENA. Nonvisual accessibility is creating equal access for blind and low-vision users.

|   |

| National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230 | 410-659-9314  |
|  Unsubscribe | OptOut |  Sign Up for Our E-newsletter  |
|  200 East Wells St.
Baltimore, 21230
United States..  |

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for NFBF-Treasure-Coast:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbf-treasure-coast_nfbnet.org/daphneraygen%40aol.com