[NFBFTtreasure-Coast] 'Are you blind?' Ron DeSantis snaps at reporter over taking questions

joe joechite.com joe at joechite.com
Sat Jun 3 14:53:34 UTC 2023

I’ve attached a link at the bottom of this email including the story. Spare me the political aspect of this, i want to know the NFB of Florida’s response to our governor using our disability to belittle and demean somebody. I emailed Paul yesterday asking what the official response from the state affiliate would be as this seems of our interest. If i don’t hear back from him, i am going to suggest at our next meeting we ask officially as a chapter for our stance on this. I don’t care if I’ve voted for you before or intend on it again, i don’t care if I’ve never voted for you and never would. It’s about respect. And I’m in an organization FROM Florida about achieving equality, opportunity, and security and OUR governor saying something like this should matter to each and every one of us.

-Joe

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/06/01/ron-desantis-reporter-are-you-blind/70277500007/