[Nfbj] Blindness and shemirat negiah

Judith Bron jbron at optonline.net
Mon Jun 15 03:19:05 UTC 2009

In order to understand all of this without inserting opinion, you have to
understand that the role of a Rav is to answer questions in a way that will
prevent the questioner from committing any kind of sin.  My having to use
the cane in the house if I was going to use it outside on Shabbos, didn't
make any sense to me.  However, I asked the question and was therefore
obligarted to listen to the answer.  None of us is educated enough to answer
tricky questions like this.  That is why we consult a Rav.  Like I said a
few posts ago, I hold my husband's arm outside.  I don't grab for the arm of
a stranger.  Judith