[Nfbj] {Disarmed} Learn Biblical Hebrew in braille

Lynn Zelvin lynnzelvin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 17:02:46 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I saw the below message on another list and thought I'd share it. If I didn't already know too much Hebrew to be able to do this, I'd jump on it. As someone who has taken a college course in Biblical Hebrew and a course in another context in Biblical Hebrew grammar, even though I passed, I know I did not learn what the sighted students learned in the classes.  Most of what I learned meant a lot of work on my own without help. Not only will this course be fully accessible to someone who knows braille,  but you will get more help from your instructor than the average student, an instructer with a big incentive to make it work. I know there was someone on this list who had already been working on learning Hebrew. Even though you might not be an absolute beginner at this point, it might still be worth contacting the person in question to see if he would include you. It's not clear if he will use hard copy braille material or expect people with braile displays. I suspect the later.  If so, I might have an idea if you don't have one, but for that contact me off the list.

Lynn