[NFBJ] Learning Hebrew

deadeyenurse at att.net deadeyenurse at att.net
Wed Jan 12 21:57:49 UTC 2022

 You might try the Jewish Braille International (JBI) I believe their web site is JBI.org

    On Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 11:50:46 PM EST, Taylor Durrett via NFBJ <nfbj at nfbnet.org> wrote:

 No, but I’d be interested to find that out too. I know that in print, it’s read from right to left, and I know that apparently it’s written in pictograph form, so it’s more like pictures. So, like for example, the letter aleph is depicted as an ox’s head, and then there are pictures for all the rest of the letters. I don’t really understand it all, but it is really interesting. I watch a lot of YouTube videos that teach some Hebrew and they sometimes incorporate some of the biblical Hebrew into their videos.

Taylor Durrett
Assistive Technology Trainer for the Blind and Visually Impaired
JAWS Certified, October 2020
(940) 230-6051