[NFBJ] Hebrew braille changes?

Ricky Lomey rickyl at iafrica.com
Mon Jun 19 21:20:34 UTC 2023

Hi list

I was kept back a year in first grade as it was thought that my fingers
would never be able to feel the dots properly. Just wondering for those who
read Hebrew braille, has Hebrew braille always remained the same or have
there been discussions at times and implementations of new rules or
abbreviations for words or parts of words, in English, you mayb e aware of
the UEBC which united all the various English braille codes from the various
countries and in Afrikaans here in South Africa some changes were made a few
years ago and again there are such discussions about Afrikaans, so I
wondered about Hebrew, by the way, I read UEBC in all my magazines though
still want to study it properly but I write braille with my Perkins for
myself these days and have not written a public letter to mail to anyone for
years and I think it might cause confusion if I had to write to some because
I still write the old braille from before the UEBC days, I haven't learnt
all the UEBC contractions yet, I only know grades 1 and 2 braille, never
learnt maths or computer braille or braille on devices and the one thing I
often find hard to read in braille, wether with UEBC or the old, is internet
and E-mail addresses, also struggled with the braille on braille watches, so
prefer a talking watch.

Ricky Lomey