[Nfbk] FW: National Federation of the Blind Announces 2010 Scholarship Program

Cathy cathyj at iglou.com
Wed Nov 4 01:51:31 UTC 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: Freeh, Jessica [mailto:JFreeh at nfb.org]
Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 2:14 PM
To: Alpidio Rolon; Amy Buresh; Angela Wolf; Anil Lewis; Art Schreiber; Beth
Rival; Bob Kresmer; Carl Jacobsen; Cathy Jackson; Charlene Smyth; Christine
G. Hall; Dan Hicks; Daniel Burke; Don Galloway; Donna Wood; Elsie Lamp;
Frank Lee; Franklin Shiner; Fred Schroeder; Fred Wurtzel; Gary Ray; Gary
Wunder; J.W. Smith; James Antonacci; James Broadnax; Jennelle Bichler;
Jennifer Dunnam; Joe Ruffalo; John Batron; John Fritz; Joyce Scanlan; Ken
Rollman; Kevan Worley; Marie Johnson; Mary Willows; Matt Lyles; Matt Lyles;
Melissa Riccobono; Michael Barber; Michael Freeman; Mika Pyyhkala; Nani
Fife; Pam Allen; Parnell Diggs; Patti Chang; Richard Gaffney; Ron Brown; Ron
Gardner; Sam Gleese; Scott LaBarre; Selena Sundling-Crawford; Terri Rupp
Subject: National Federation of the Blind Announces 2010 Scholarship Program

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT:

Chris Danielsen

Director of Public Relations

National Federation of the Blind

(410) 659-9314, extension 2330

(410) 262-1281 (Cell)

cdanielsen at nfb.org

National Federation of the Blind Announces 2010 Scholarship Program
Thirty Scholarships Available to College and Postgraduate Students

Baltimore, Maryland (November 3, 2009):  The National Federation of the
Blind, the oldest and largest organization of blind people in the United
States, announced today that applications are now being accepted for the
2010 National Federation of the Blind Scholarship Program.  Thirty
scholarships totaling $100,000 will be awarded to blind students from the
United States and Puerto Rico.  The scholarships are available to blind
students who will be enrolled in college or a graduate program beginning in
the fall of 2010, including incoming freshmen.  Scholarships range in value
from $3,000 to $12,000.

Dr. Marc Maurer, President of the National Federation of the Blind, said:
"The National Federation of the Blind Scholarship Program is the Federation'
s way of recognizing outstanding academic achievement by blind students and
spreading our positive philosophy of blindness to these students and to the
general public.  Because of the collective efforts of blind Americans, blind
people today are achieving greater academic success and entering fields of
study once thought closed to the blind, and celebrating their achievements
is always a highlight of our national convention.  I join the Scholarship
Committee in inviting every eligible blind student to submit an application,
and I look forward to meeting the dynamic individuals that will make up the
2010 National Federation of the Blind scholarship class."

Information on the NFB scholarship program is posted online at
www.nfb.org/scholarships.  The deadline for applications is March 31, 2010.

Questions may be directed to the NFB Scholarship Committee Chairman, Mr.
Anil Lewis, by e-mail at Scholarships at nfb.org, or by phone at (410)
659 -9314, extension 2415.

 ###