[Nfbk] JCPS Braille Clerk

Cathy cathyj at iglou.com
Wed Aug 11 20:53:56 UTC 2010

Good Afternoon Gang,

Well, it is official, Doug, who does not know Braille, is the Brailler Clerk
for Jeff County Public Schools. He was fed the bate and reeled in like a big
fish. Thanks Denise, you are a hell of an actress. Denise has him believing
she is starting her transcription business and that she may need to
collaborate with him about Braille. He really feels he is important now. He
says you don't have to know Braille with the new translation program the
district is using. Doug didn't even admit to having the job on Monday when
asked by a Vision Itinerant teacher. He turned around and mumbled something.
When she went on to say, well I don't think it is going to be as easy as you
think, he replied, I wish you had told me that sooner. Believe me he knew
what he was walking in to. I told him he was crazy if he took the position.
I can't blame him for taking a job that was offered him, I blame the
"administrators". I did call Dr. Maurer and his words were, "Go get'm". I am
in the process of composing a letter to Dr. Burman for what it is worth. I
am going to be really curious to see how this situation plays out. I will
keep you posted. Chances are we will need to rally the troops to action. I
can tell you they are going to hire a Braille Clerk at Central which is a
good thing. They did interview a blind lady who does know Braille. Let's
keep our fingers crossed that she or someone else who can Braille actually
gets the position.