[Nfbk] JCPS Braille Clerk

Pamela Glisson pglisson at independenceplaceky.org
Thu Aug 12 13:31:51 UTC 2010

Thanks Cathy!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Scott Spaulding
  Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2010 2:36 AM
  Subject: Re: [Nfbk] JCPS Braille Clerk

  Thanks for the update. This is exactly what you were afraid would happen too, I believe.

  On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 4:53 PM, Cathy <cathyj at iglou.com> wrote:

    Good Afternoon Gang,

    Well, it is official, Doug, who does not know Braille, is the Brailler Clerk
    for Jeff County Public Schools. He was fed the bate and reeled in like a big
    fish. Thanks Denise, you are a hell of an actress. Denise has him believing
    she is starting her transcription business and that she may need to
    collaborate with him about Braille. He really feels he is important now. He
    says you don't have to know Braille with the new translation program the
    district is using. Doug didn't even admit to having the job on Monday when
    asked by a Vision Itinerant teacher. He turned around and mumbled something.
    When she went on to say, well I don't think it is going to be as easy as you
    think, he replied, I wish you had told me that sooner. Believe me he knew
    what he was walking in to. I told him he was crazy if he took the position.
    I can't blame him for taking a job that was offered him, I blame the
    "administrators". I did call Dr. Maurer and his words were, "Go get'm". I am
    in the process of composing a letter to Dr. Burman for what it is worth. I
    am going to be really curious to see how this situation plays out. I will
    keep you posted. Chances are we will need to rally the troops to action. I
    can tell you they are going to hire a Braille Clerk at Central which is a
    good thing. They did interview a blind lady who does know Braille. Let's
    keep our fingers crossed that she or someone else who can Braille actually
    gets the position.

    http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbk_nfbnet.org/spaulding.scott%40gmail.com

  --
  Scott Spaulding