[Nfbk] State Convention Financial Assistance

John Glisson j.glisson at insightbb.com
Fri Aug 20 01:40:03 UTC 2010

Fellow Federationists!

I am writing to clarify any misunderstanding that may exist among our Membership and others in Kentucky who may be blind or visually impaired.

The National Federation of the Blind of Kentucky is offering financial assistance for individuals who are blind or visually impaired to attend the 2010 NFBK State Convention which will be held September 24-26, 2010 in Louisville KY at the Hurstborne Holiday Inn.  I will attach the application for assistance again accompanying this message.

NFBK intends to provide financial assistance to individuals who have not received assistance to attend a State Convention , hence "first timers".

You may have received financial assistance to receive the NFB National Convention before but never received assistance to attend a State Convention.  Receiving financial assistance to attend a National Convention does not disqualify you for receiving "first timer" financial assistance to attend a State Convention!

I do trust this clarifies any misunderstanding that may have existed and am looking forward to receiving your 2010 NFBK State Convention Financial Assistance application soon.  The deadline for submitting your application is August 23, 2010, just around the corner!

Thank you.

Sincerely,

John Glisson, Chairman
NFBK Financial Assistance Committee
- Board Member
National Federation of the Blind of Kentucky