[Nfbk] FW: state plan

Cathy cathyj at iglou.com
Sun Feb 7 16:07:25 UTC 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: McNabb, Cora L (OFB-FK) [mailto:Cora.McNabb at ky.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 9:29 AM
To: cathyj at iglou.com
Subject: state plan

Cathy,

I hope all is well with you.  Could you assist me in getting this
information out statewide.  We are taking input on our state plan for 2011.
Attached is the press release and their is a survey on our website for this.

Also let me mention we are also asking for input on our website that we are
going to revamp.  There is a short survey ont he website as well.  Have a
great day.

Kentucky Education and Workforce Development Cabinet

NEWS RELEASE

Contact:  Kim Saylor Brannock (502) 564-1207

                KimS.Brannock at ky.gov

Office for the Blind seeks public input

FRANKFORT, Ky. (Feb. 2, 2010) - The Kentucky Office for the Blind (OFB) in
the Department of Workforce Investment is seeking public input on the
services, programs and activities the agency provides Kentuckians with
visual disabilities. The deadline for comments is March 31, 2010.

Comments can be made in writing, Braille, cassette tape, computer disk,
telephone, Internet or e-mail. To make comments, follow one of the methods
listed below.

.                     Internet - To complete an on-line survey, you can
access the agency's Web site at http://blind.ky.gov and click the link to
the survey;

.                     E-mail - Send comments to cora.mcnabb at ky.gov;

.                     Telephone - Call Cora McNabb toll-free at
1-800-321-6668 extension 23402;

.                     Writing, cassette tape, Braille or computer disk -
mail to Cora McNabb, Office for the Blind, 275 E. Main St., Mail Stop EJ-2,
Frankfort, KY 40621.

To receive this information in an alternate format or for more information,
please contact Cora McNabb.

OFB provides job counseling, education, job training and assistive
technology services to Kentuckians who are visually impaired so that they
can have opportunities for employment and independence. Input from
Kentuckians will be used to develop a state OFB plan. The Department of
Workforce Investment is in the Education and Workforce Development Cabinet.

The Education and Workforce Development Cabinet coordinates learning
programs from P-16, and manages and supports training and employment
functions in the Department of Workforce Investment. For more information
about our programs, visit www.educationcabinet.ky.gov or
www.workforce.ky.gov or call 502-564-0372.

 (30)

Cora McNabb,